FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

ISBoxer not loading game after update

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Hillfriar

Post Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:40 pm

ISBoxer not loading game after update

Just an fyi. After today's update the launcher gets to the patcher and locks up.
<<

nodoze

Post Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:14 am

Re: ISBoxer not loading game after update

If you can try to launch DDO separately and fully patch it and then try to launch DDO via ISBoxer.

I haven't tried to update nor load via ISBoxer since U23 dropped but that is what I normally do.
<<

Hillfriar

Post Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:12 am

Thank you for the suggestion. That was the first thing I tried. Still not able to get in using ISBoxer today. Gets to the "Connecting to patch s...." and hangs. Can get in fine on it's own but using ISBoxer is a superior gaming experience :)
<<

nodoze

Post Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:10 pm

Hillfriar wrote:Thank you for the suggestion. That was the first thing I tried. Still not able to get in using ISBoxer today. Gets to the "Connecting to patch s...." and hangs. Can get in fine on it's own but using ISBoxer is a superior gaming experience :)
I think I am getting the same issue except that after trying to start it via isboxer I can't start it regularly anymore... I would reboot but I am in the middle of some things and cant easily close everything to reboot and reconnect/reopen everything.

Edit: after using Task Manager to Kill Turbine Launcher I was able to get into the game via the game client (not being run though ISBoxer).
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:24 am

I'm looking into the issues with the DDO launcher, thanks guys.
<<

nodoze

Post Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:05 am

lax wrote:I'm looking into the issues with the DDO launcher, thanks guys.
Lax, Thanks for the update. I don't know how close the current LotR launcher is to DDO but I do remember in the past that things that worked/broke for them may be similar to DDO. I haven't had time to check their forums but they may have similar changes in their clients (either earlier or coming later).

It sounds like at least in part the DDO Update 23, from a technical perspective, may have included a new pre-loader (in addition to regular game updates). It may be the point at which ISBoxer is renaming the windows is causing an issue now. Since I use ISBoxer I haven't paid that close of attention but I think awhile back that the standard DDO client may now allow multiple versions of itself to run so maybe the rename portion is no longer needed.

EDIT: Some other things I found:

source: http://ddowiki.com/page/Update_23_Release_Notes

The DDO game launcher now has the option to "preload" the client_gamelogic.dat files, which can speed up initial game load and resolve an issue that could cause players to face an initial dis-connection to the game world upon first log in. Players currently utilizing third-party tools should no longer need to use them. This functionality is enabled by default if you have more than 2 Gigabytes of memory on your computer, and can be disabled in the game launcher options (under the heading Pre-cache gamelogic.)
If you have the "Ask before downloading new updates" option checked in the launcher, when there are new updates, and the dialog shows up, if you click "Yes" before the main window of the launcher shows up, the launcher will no longer exit.
The OSX game launcher no longer shows a transparent border around the promotion displayed on the left.
The scroll bars on the launcher's EULA and Terms of Service are now easier to see.
The launcher will now request elevation from Windows in order to download files if installed into UAC-protected directories (rather than silently fail.)

source: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/150534

When trying to launch the game client, make sure to use TurbineLauncher.exe (located in your DDO installation folder), and make sure to shortcut the TurbineLauncher (instead of the dndlauncher or other .exe's!)
<<

nodoze

Post Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:24 am

Lax,

Any updates on this?

On a related note I tried to PM you some info that may help fix this issue but that info is maybe best left off the general forums but looks like PMs to you are blocked. If you have a way for me to get you that info and you want to see it please send me a PM with instructions (I can email you from my personal account or whatever works for you).
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:49 am

I generally prefer e-mail to PMs on forums. Send to lax@lavishsoft.com

I've been working on this but have had a very busy week IRL. Hopefully I can get this solved today, but I can't guarantee that obviously
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:06 am

Good news!

Inner Space build 6031 solves this issue! This is currently the development build of Inner Space. To try it out, right click IS in the system tray (notification area) and select Patcher, tick "Download development (test) patches" and then close and restart Inner Space to let it patch up.

Let me know how it goes :)
<<

nodoze

Post Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:26 am

lax wrote:Good news!

Inner Space build 6031 solves this issue! This is currently the development build of Inner Space. To try it out, right click IS in the system tray (notification area) and select Patcher, tick "Download development (test) patches" and then close and restart Inner Space to let it patch up.

Let me know how it goes :)
Very cool and thanks! I tried to launch DDO but it doesn't seem to be working but it could be because my Inner Space isn't updateing. I already had the check box checked and restarted InnerSpace a few times but it seems like I may be stuck on InnerSpace v1.13 Build 6030 instead of v1.13 TBA... I can see the release notes and the files to be patched but it doesn't seem to be patching them. That or it just still says 6030 and then isn't working.
Next

Return to Dungeons & Dragons Online