FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

DDO Mouse offset issue

Moderator: MiRai

<<

indefinite

Post Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:11 pm

DDO Mouse offset issue

Hello,

I'm having an issue with the mouse cursor being offset in DDO. I've been trying to get my configuration set for Dungeons and Dragons Online and everything works perfectly except for the mouse being severely offset on both the main and secondary clients. Basically, I have two clients running with my main set at 1920x1440 res and the secondary set at 640x480 to the right of the main. My monitor is a 27" @ 2560x1440 native res and both DDO clients are configured to run at that res. The clients can run perfectly and I can switch seamlessly between the two but the offset on the mouse cursor is significant enough that I can't really play with accuracy. The cursor is approximately one menu bar offset above the actual menu bars. I've tried changing the desired rendering size to my native res of 2560x1440 with no success and I've also unchecked 'remove border around main window' with the same results. I've posted my config file at pastebin with a 1 day duration http://pastebin.com/bSZwmSrb

Please let me know if you need any more information. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:33 am

Re: DDO Mouse offset issue

First, make sure the game itself is set to windowed mode. ISBoxer forces the game into a window if it was in full screen mode, to prevent the game from crashing (if you have 2 try to launch in full screen mode the 2nd one will usually crash). An unfortunate side effect of this is that even in the main window, the cursor position can be incorrect (due to a bug currently in the forced windowing)

Secondly, I would recommend not using Desired rendering size, and to leave the remove borders option checked. Neither of these helped with your issue anyway :) The reason you should turn off desired rendering size in your case is because it's going to look terrible since your windows are in one aspect ratio, and you're telling it to render in another aspect ratio. Everything will look tall and skinny.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:05 pm

If the game was set to full screen mode, the new Inner Space build 5245, just released, should fix the problem. To udpate just close and restart Inner Space and allow it to patch up (it will automatically update by default)
<<

indefinite

Post Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:21 pm

Thank you for the quick reply Lax!

Yes, the game was already set to window mode. I also unchecked the desired rendering size with the same result. I patched up Innerspace today and initially saw the same results until I tried as you suggested with full screen mode. After launching my set, I set my main screen to full screen mode and although the picture was stretched, the mouse was now accurate! I then changed the res in game to the size of my main screen and everything was perfect. I tried the same on the secondary screen but the picture was still stretched. After shutting down the clients and restarting, I started up my set and both screens not only looked great, but the mouse accuracy was perfect on both! So it looks like full screen mode may be the way to go with DDO and the latest version of Innerspace... in my case anyway:)

So all is good! Thanks again for the assistance Lax, greatly appreciated!
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:01 pm

A quick update on this topic, Inner Space 1.11 Build 5302 is currently up as the development build, and fixes cursor issues with DDO. Both normal windowed and forced window should work correctly.
<<

nodoze

Post Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:41 am

Indefinate, I was curious what types of actions you do & what kind of parties you run while multi-boxing DDO. I now have DDO running in ISBoxer but without auto-follow, "target target's target"/assist, etc... I don't really see how I could do combat with more than one active melee character. Maybe I could carry a pocket healer or possibly AOE help but that is all I can see at this point in DDO.

Return to Dungeons & Dragons Online