FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

NO game after Login screen

Moderator: MiRai

<<

ctkdjane1

Post Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:05 am

NO game after Login screen

I used to be able to use ISBoxer before with DDO but I can't seem to get it to work at all, I get to the login and server select and then boom no game, I can however play via Inner Space or without Innerspace. Not sure what else I can say, As for the game info it should be under DX 9
<<

ctkdjane1

Post Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:54 pm

Re: NO game after Login screen

I found out what the issue was it was the setup with the system memory works fine now.
<<

nodoze

Post Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:13 pm

ctkdjane1 wrote:I found out what the issue was it was the setup with the system memory works fine now.
Very glad to hear. We went live with a new compliant ERP system at work on Saturday 7/12 and this is the first time I have even a moment to check personal email & forums. We are now starting an audit so very bad timing...

Please report back if you can whether you are doing any combat with more than one active DDO character at a time via ISBoxer.

So far the best I have been able to do is quests with minimal movement and utilizing duo ranged characters at the same time as unfortunately melee combat is just to active for me without auto-follow.

So far I have done 2 artificers and an Suriken/Archer active duo with typically 2-4 others doing non-combat roles like giving full buffs to the active characters and keeping at least one divine back at the entrance for rezzes and heals/Divine Vitalities. Sometimes one or two of my 5 kids will join and play 1 character on the 4-6 person team which helps immensely.
<<

ctkdjane1

Post Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:25 am

I been playing around with different ways to do combat etc. Now what I have been doing is making a team based off of a melee, Barbarain, Fighter and with a rogue. The rogue is a F2P account the Melee is VIP account. Then the Fighter has a Cleric or Favor Soul hiring and the rogue a melee based hiring this is for defense and it also helps with more fire power with the main if needed.

I am planning on having the f2p account upgraded with the expansion but kept at a F2P level this way I have a guide for quest etc. My next project will be a three account team Melee, Rogue/Artifactor (basicly trapper) and a healer but all three having their own hirings. I would add a fourth but I don't think my systems would handle a fouth I have tested three and it works fine. I am going to post on here my results but I want to be able to get to 20+ first this way and redo it to see if my idea works then post here for others to try out.
<<

nodoze

Post Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:30 am

ctkdjane1 wrote:I been playing around with different ways to do combat etc. Now what I have been doing is making a team based off of a melee, Barbarain, Fighter and with a rogue. The rogue is a F2P account the Melee is VIP account. Then the Fighter has a Cleric or Favor Soul hiring and the rogue a melee based hiring this is for defense and it also helps with more fire power with the main if needed.

I am planning on having the f2p account upgraded with the expansion but kept at a F2P level this way I have a guide for quest etc. My next project will be a three account team Melee, Rogue/Artifactor (basicly trapper) and a healer but all three having their own hirings. I would add a fourth but I don't think my systems would handle a fouth I have tested three and it works fine. I am going to post on here my results but I want to be able to get to 20+ first this way and redo it to see if my idea works then post here for others to try out.
I am very interested to understand how you have 2 or more actively doing melee at the same time. I could never figure out a good way to do melee with 2 people at the same time with the mobs all jumping and running around nor how to move 2 dissimilar characters around at the same time effectively. I could maybe see a tank running in first and cleaving all around while standing still taking all initial aggro and then using a second account to run and DPS but didn't see how that would really work for encounters with lots of ranged mobs (casters or otherwise).

The best setup I could come up with was:
- Slot 1: Primary Artificer (Warforged Ranged DPS/Trapper/combat "Healer") with Pet;
- Slot 2: "Mirror" Artificer (Warforged Ranged DPS via Target-my-Target) with Pet;
- Slot 3: Arcane buffer & out of combat healer + ranged for staged big fights (WF Wizard or Sorc);
- Slot 4: Divine buffer / Piker / rezzer in reserve at entrance / extra looter on end chests;
- Slot 5: Hireling (permanent Panther/Owlbear);
- Slot 6: Hireling (permanent Panther/Owlbear);

With 2 ranged I can broadcast mouse and keystrokes to just 2 windows and have them running around right on top of each other and basically maneuver them at the same time like as if they were doubles. Overtime they do get slightly off but I made a key to turn on/off broadcasting for those 2 windows when I need to sync them up. Moving via WASD and straffing are good though turning with the mouse while moving requires a brief pause to wait for the mirror to sync. With the 2nd character targeting the target of my target I can get them to both work together pretty well.

With a 4 man group of 2 arties and their pets & 2 permanent panthers (or owlbears) I had 6 active assets into combat though sometimes the AI on the pets and hirelings was whacked. My primary Artie "healed" the pets and both WF Arties in combat and usually I waited till after combat to heal/rez the panthers with scrolls.

The Arcane Wizard/Sorc I used to run up and periodically buff the full party with Haste/Rage before fights and to reconstruct/repair the party out of combat. For big boss fights I would sometimes stage the Sorc/wiz at far range and buff everyone and then go with the pets/hirelinngs and arties letting the sorc/wiz nuke at range.

Anyway that is the best I could come up with.

Very interested to see what you come up with.

Return to Dungeons & Dragons Online