DDO Update 18.1 Not launching multiple instances

Moderator: MiRai

<<

arch0nmyc0n

Post Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:21 pm

DDO Update 18.1 Not launching multiple instances

Windows 7 Home 64 bit
Alienware X51 rig (so it's pretty good)
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3401 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
Name NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB

I follow the instructions in the program and I've got my character set setup properly I think. But when I go to launch the game The first one opens and I log in fine and it puts it where it's supposed to be on the screen, but the second launcher opens and just says "dungeons and dragons Online is already running"

I had a script a while back I used for multiboxing that used to work the start of this year, but something between then and now broke it. I'm wondering if it has done the same for your software. I decided to try out this software because I don't have time to reprogram my script. I hope it something you can adjust for because I like the look of your software....
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:54 pm

Re: DDO Update 18.1 Not launching multiple instances

Check your DDO launcher settings, they may have reset after the update.

When LOTRO did their Update 11, some of the launcher settings got reset, including the one that closes the launcher after launching a game instance. Make sure it is set to close the launcher after launching a game instance; ISBoxer will need to separately launch the launcher for each one.

I should be able to check it out this week otherwise
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:17 am

I checked this out this morning and confirmed that ISBoxer remains fully compatible with DDO, and that it's probably the launcher settings preventing additional instances with ISBoxer. I will update ISBoxer to automatically correct the launcher settings, but in the meantime here's what to check:

1. In the DDO Launcher, click the down arrow thing next to the X and click "Options..."
2. In the General tab, "Load Launcher when computer starts off" should be UNCHECKED
3. In the Updates tab, "Retrieve updates automatically" should be UNCHECKED ("Enabling this option will enable the blah blah")
4. In the Advanced tab, "Show the launcher in the system tray" should be UNCHECKED

That should be it. When you launch your ISBoxer team, each DDO launcher instance should come up one at a time. When you click play, the launcher should exit and the game should come up; when the game comes up, the next launcher instance will open. :)
<<

arch0nmyc0n

Post Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:29 pm

Okay it works now. thanks for your help. It was odd though, I set the settings in the first launcher window but for some reason the second window I needed to set them again. Now I just need to figure out other options in the program that can help me out So many options... but don't really understand most of them...

Return to Dungeons & Dragons Online