FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Multiple DDO clients on ISBoxer

Moderator: MiRai

<<

nodoze

Post Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:06 pm

Multiple DDO clients on ISBoxer

I am able to run multiple copies of Dungeons & Dragons Online (DDO) on my PC.

I firgured out how to do so via the DDO forums which involves multiple copies of the game in multiple different directories.

I am trying to get ISBoxer to configure Innerspace to allow me to run 2 DDO clients at once and having issues. I have made sure I am not using DirectX10 & have tried having the DDO client in either windowed mode or full screen.

I am not sure what to do next nor what info to provide that would be helpful to help anyone help me...

I setup 2 new games as follows:

New Game: DDO1 with "DDO1 Default Profile":
Main executable path: C:\Program Files\Turbine\Dungeons & Dragons Online - Stormreach
Main executable filename: TurbineLauncher.exe

New Game: DDO2 with "DDO2 Default Profile":
Main executable path: C:\Program Files\Turbine\Dungeons & Dragons Online - Stormreach
Main executable filename: TurbineLauncher.exe

I suspect it is a good sign that If I right-click on the InnerSpace tray icon I can go up th menu and get either or both game to launch (for both it first launches the launcher then goes to teh login box then into the game).

After using the ISBoxer wizard I can't however seem to get it to launch any team that uses the games no matter what I try.

Any help would be appreciated.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:34 am

Re: Multiple DDO clients on ISBoxer

So what you're saying is that when you select your team from the "ISBoxer Character Sets" menu, it doesn't launch anything at all?

You can observe what ISBoxer is doing -- or trying to do -- through the Console. There's one in the main IS program (called the Uplink) for the team launch, and then there's one per game window. When you're going to launch the set, start with a fresh launch of Inner Space then open the Console (select Console from the IS menu) so you can watch what it says.
<<

Dorian

Post Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:03 pm

Can someone confirm that ISBoxer works with DDO?

I just signed up for the free trial of ISBoxer to give it a shot. I'll be happy to buy the pro version if it works.

Thanks.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:34 pm

DDO should work fine, and I'm told it's pretty much the same as LOTRO as far as getting it to work. The LOTRO troubleshooting guide should pretty much cover it: http://isboxer.com/index.php/component/content/article/41-troubleshooting-lotro-with-isboxer as well as this forum thread http://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=38 (Note that what was previously the development build of Inner Space for the duration of the thread, is now live; you do not need to run the development build of Inner Space)
<<

nodoze

Post Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:46 am

The following post got it working for me:

http://isboxer.com/index.php/component/ ... or-isboxer

I have been running multiple clients for over a year manually via having multiple copies of the DDO on my hard drive and starting them all at the same time. It looks like ISBoxer will allow me to at least use one copy of the game to launch multiple simultaneous clients.

Due to the lack of auto-follow, assist, etc & such the jury is still out on things like actually multi-boxing multiple characters in combat... Will try to get competent with a pocket healer and see what else I can do...
<<

b1n4ryb0rn

Post Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:35 am

so i got DDO to work with ISboxer by creating a second directory with its own files, all i did was go to the DDO folder and duplicate the game folder by right clicking on the game folder and selecting "copy" from the drop down menu then clicking inside the folder and selecting "paste" once the folder is copied i renamed it "DDO2" then added it as another game to the innerspace APP. each team i launch goes off of 1 or the other thus bypassing the singularity check XD.
<<

nodoze

Post Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:03 pm

Just wanted to update this thread to indicate that on more recent version of ISBoxer you do not need multiple copies of DDO to run multiple clients as ISBoxer now (and has for awhile) renames the windows that DDO checks for uniqueness...

This is much better as you only have to patch once and don't lose hard drive space due to multiple copies of the game...

Return to Dungeons & Dragons Online