FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

No Arrow Keys?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

hallkell

Post Sat May 05, 2012 12:56 pm

No Arrow Keys?

I was playing DDO this morning and was forced to reboot by a brown out.
Upon reboot my ISBoxer or Lavish software did an update. (not sure which, I am recent convert from HotKeyNet :cry: to ISBoxer :D )
It would appear that after todays patch the arrow keys are not working.

Is any one experanceing this?

I have double checked my setup and it is the same as I have always used.
And the keys stoped working after that reboot/patch so I am trying to put a finger on which is the problem.

----- why I use arrow keys -----
DDO as you know does not have follow or assist keys. I use the WASD (left hand) for my primary and the arrow keys (right hand) for my second toon. I have been able to stear and fight with both at the same time using this method.
----- why I use arrow keys -----

Thanks for any help anyone can lend.

Hallkell
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat May 05, 2012 1:14 pm

Re: No Arrow Keys?

If you think it is related to the Inner Space patch today you can try the previous build (5578) from the archives at http://www.lavishsoft.com/innerspace/archives.

Thanks for reporting your issue :)
<<

hallkell

Post Sat May 05, 2012 2:22 pm

That is great!!

Downloading and Testing now.

-----
The only thing that I have changed this week on my PC was a video driver. and I have rebooted several times since then. So i just cant figure out any thing else it could be.

I will post up the results. (in case it helps anyone else.)

Hallkell
<<

hallkell

Post Sat May 05, 2012 2:40 pm

No Joy. :?

Rolling back to the previous version did not work either. I may trying going back two or three versions later on today or tonight. My gaming group is forming up in a few minutes and I dont have time at the moment.

I have been able to map the keys on the NumPad to replace the arrow keys. They are actually working better than the Arrow Keys since I am better use the surrounding buttons on the left hand as I do the surrounding buttons on the right. So the need is not as great as it was earlier today. Thanks for the quick response.

-----------
I have put a different keyboard on the PC to make sure it is not the device itself.

Hallkell
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat May 05, 2012 2:47 pm

If build 5578 didn't help, that was the build you would have been using yesterday, or last week for that matter. I wouldn't expect going back further to help.

The only thing that comes to mind is if your keyboard has its own configuration software that runs while you play, you might need to run that as Administrator.
<<

hallkell

Post Sat May 05, 2012 4:07 pm

I am running an G11. (Macro Freak) I created a new key set to make sure everything was back to default.

And I tested a second keyboard just to make sure. (Generic USB keyboard)

*shrugs* this one really has me beat. But I have a work around so I will not bother for more answers/time.

Thanks again for your help.

Hallkell

Return to Dungeons & Dragons Online