FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Fixed: ISBoxer No longer running DDO in frames after patch

Moderator: MiRai

<<

nodoze

Post Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:26 pm

Fixed: ISBoxer No longer running DDO in frames after patch

ISBoxer No longer running DDO in frames after today's DDO patch... When I try to start multiple clients via ISBoxer I can only start one and it runs like I had just started it manually via the DDO icon.

Looks like it isn't renaming the DDO clients and putting them in their own "frames".

This is different than the previous patching thread: http://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=1727
Last edited by nodoze on Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

nodoze

Post Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:53 am

Re: ISBoxer No longer running DDO in frames after todays patch..

Lax,

ISBoxer is launching the DDO client but no longer grabbing and renaming the client and slotting them into the designated "Windows/Regions". Note that I called them "Frames" but I think you all call them "Windows" in some documentation and Regions in others"

I suspect you all were able to bypass the DDO restriction of "one client at a time" as I believe the client looks for the window running and you all were renaming the running client windows to something like profile-character...

Are you able to replicate this issue (DDO is free to download/play)?

Is there anything I can provide (logs/etc) to give you more info?

DDO is the main reason I use ISBoxer and it really helps. Please help !
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:52 am

Sorry your first post on this got lost. Are you sure the game isn't set to Direct3D 10 mode?

I'll see what I can find out...
<<

nodoze

Post Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:00 pm

Lax, I just tried it again and it is working. I just logged in to verify the DX settings as you requested (was 9) and was surprised it was suddenly working again. Very wierd as I tried it multiple times with no luck before/since reporting. I had restarted multiple times with no luck.

If you did something to fix it thanks and if not, I wanted to let you know so you didn't waste any time. FYI - I am running Windows 7 x64 did run windows update and it applied approximately 20+ updates (including a .net 3.5.1 & .net 4 patch) and have rebooted twice since applying the updates. I have Windows Update to automatically download updates but let me choose when to apply and I only do them every so often....

No worries on missing the first post. I frankly don't know how you keep up with all of the various posts and chat as it is... As soon as I saw it working I wanted to post here to help make sure you weren't wasting your time.

Next time I will try to replicate it on another machine... Don't have DDO loaded on any other machines anymore because with ISBoxer I don't need to but will try to get it re-added to another machine for regression/backup purposes.

Funny that I can actually run 3 DDO clients better in ISBoxer than 1 client without because I limit the frames on the main window to 30 (fine for me) and the others to only a few and it runs all 3 great... When running only 1 DDO client outside ISBoxer the frames go so high that it overheats my machine and I can't find a way to limit them outside ISBoxer...

Return to Dungeons & Dragons Online