FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[WoW] Problem with Radeon RX 580 and WoW

Moderator: MiRai

<<

leecherboy

Post Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:30 pm

Problem with Radeon RX 580 and WoW

Hello guys, I have been having issues with 5 boxing wow. About every few minutes both my monitors freeze for about 4 seconds then go black for about 5 or 6 seconds then everything comes back to normal. I then downloaded a program to monitor my graphics card and it seems that every few seconds my gpu is going from 0 to 100%. and you can see it stays at 100% and then stairsteps down in the picture i linked. that is when one of the black screen events occured. I have a pretty nice graphics card (i think) and im 5boxing wow on a TBC private server and my 4 "slave" accounts have graphics turned down. I feel like with my computer i should be able to do this fine. can anyone help?

https://imgur.com/gallery/TxwnX

i have a video that i can probably upload of the blackscreen event happening if anyone wants to see that for reference

thanks,

Leecherboy

EDIT: For reference my CPU is an INTEL i7-5820K @3.30GHz and its only ever getting to about 15% when im boxing
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:35 pm

Re: Problem with Radeon RX 580 and WoW

Well, an easy test would be to drop the number of clients so you don't get 100% GPU events, and see if that makes the problem go away. If it does, then I'd have to suggest that the graphics card is not up to snuff. If you still get black screen events with the GPU not hitting 100%, then it is more likely to be driver or power related.

edit: the large fluctuations are indicators that something is not coping, and it is requiring time to switch between processing contexts - generally loading and unloading the necessary data in order to process the next item.

also, make sure you have turned off Shadow Quality, SSAO, and any form of AA
<<

leecherboy

Post Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:43 pm

Thanks for your reply, got a couple of questions

Is it normal for gpu to jump between 0 and 100 every second? i figured it would stay at like 50% or something?

The blackscreen event actually happened to me when i had only 2 windows open NOT using ISboxer (just alt tabbing).

I'm not sure if this is just a visual bug but the FPS monitor that ISboxer puts in the top left of your main window jumps to about 900 every few seconds. Is this why my GPU is going to 100%?

My RX 580 has 8G of ram and i though it was a pretty good card? Is it not a card people use to 5box?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:30 pm

leecherboy wrote:Is it normal for gpu to jump between 0 and 100 every second? i figured it would stay at like 50% or something?
No it is not normal for it to jump around like that. It should stay within a small range applicable to the load. The main reason for jumping around is usually it is under high load and it needs to switch "programs". Although it doesn't seem to be correct for a modern card.

leecherboy wrote:The blackscreen event actually happened to me when i had only 2 windows open NOT using ISboxer (just alt tabbing).
If you are getting a NTVDM error (i.e. a driver not responding error), then the problem is probably a driver fault. But this also makes it sound like it is not a boxing problem and rather something a bit more fundamental.

leecherboy wrote:I'm not sure if this is just a visual bug but the FPS monitor that ISboxer puts in the top left of your main window jumps to about 900 every few seconds.
It does do this. Usually when it loses frame sync and needs to recalc. It can also just be a floating point error.

Lets go back to the beginning. Get a compatibility diagnostic. We'll see if there is something that might be causing it.

Return to Multiboxing Hardware