FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Computer freezes and makes buzzing sound while 4-6 boxing EQ

Moderator: MiRai

<<

exciter72

Post Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:51 pm

Computer freezes and makes buzzing sound while 4-6 boxing EQ

So, I've had this issue for a while while 6 boxing EQ. I went in to each in game options for each client and decreased clip plane, particle density in display, to no avail. So i dropped down to 4 box, and it seemed ok the other night, then today it did the freeze/buzz twice today. I have to actually hold the power button to reboot computer.

After reading up a bit, i realize its a hardware issue, so I thought maybe its either my processor, or video card. I did some more research today, and I found that some people had the same issues with WOW and found out there is a conflict with 2 different audio drivers fighting and that is what caused it.

After looking in Device Manager i see that I have AMD High Def audio, and Realtek HD audio. Now i know realtek, is audio from MB which i have nothing plugged in to. And AMD audio is through HDMI which I use plugged into a WEstinghouse TV.
My isoboxer setup in purely basic. I just use the wizard to do a basic setup. I dont try and do any mapping or anything like that. I just basically use it to go from client to client without alt tabbing.

SO my question do u think that maybe this audio could be a conflict? Do u think its a processor issue (just not powerful enough, or getting too hot and may need to upgrade to a more powerful processor fan) or a video card issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated. PC specs:

Windows 10 64bit
Processor a
3.50 gigahertz AMD FX -6300 Six-Core
288 kilobyte primary memory cache
6144 kilobyte secondary memory cache
8192 kilobyte tertiary memory cache
64-bit ready
Multi-core (3 total)
Hyper-threaded (6 total)

Main Circuit Board b
Board: 970A-G46 (MS-7693) 2.0
Bus Clock: 200 megahertz

Memory Modules c,d
16334 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory

Slot 'A1_DIMM0' has 4096 MB (serial number 1E220000)
Slot 'A1_DIMM1' has 4096 MB (serial number 575F0000)
Slot 'A1_DIMM2' has 4096 MB (serial number 20220000)
Slot 'A1_DIMM3' has 4096 MB (serial number EA780000)

Display
AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series [Display adapter] 2 GB

Note on the Processor info it says Hyperthreaded 6 cores... AMD does not have hyperthreading, so therefore i do not enable Hyperthreading in ISOBOXER settings... which it does not tell me too anyway
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:58 pm

Re: Computer freezes and makes buzzing sound while 4-6 boxing EQ

It's going to depend on where your buzzing noise is coming from. Although it seems unlikely that the audio devices would cause the issue you have outlined, unless they are badly written drivers. If you are getting issues due to the audio devices, then the easy option is to disable that device, and use the other one - to test it out, and if in doubt, disable both, and have no sound, and see if the issue still occurs.

Also, have you monitored the sensors with something like Open Hardware Monitor? It just may highlight a culprit.

Normally though, buzzing noises are capacitors on the way out, or high power drain. The most obvious contender there would be the PSU. The motherboard is a possibility too, especially if you see lockups rather than blackouts.
<<

exciter72

Post Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:12 pm

The buzzing comes through the monitors. I tried looking under the windows reliability program and all i get as far as errors go, is that the pc was not shutdown properly. I was wondering if there was a program i could use to monitor it and tell me what happens.
I will try that program you were talking about. The only time my pc does it, is when im boxing on ISO boxer
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:18 pm

Maybe you should test if you get similar issues when pressing your computer to do other heavy lifting, like Prime95 and/or Furmark (or both at once - which is effectively what ISBoxer is doing).
<<

exciter72

Post Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:20 pm

i will.. thank u for the tips Bob
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:13 pm

exciter72 wrote:Note on the Processor info it says Hyperthreaded 6 cores... AMD does not have hyperthreading, so therefore i do not enable Hyperthreading in ISOBOXER settings... which it does not tell me too anyway

"Hyper-threading" in ISBoxer simply means that it's going to pair two cores together when choosing a CPU Strategy that isn't "all cores for all windows." This is to avoid putting game clients on only virtual cores where they'd perform very poorly. If you aren't using "all cores for all windows" option, then I would suggest that you do, especially with your older CPU and lower core count.

Return to Multiboxing Hardware