FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Warning for Corsair K95 RGB keyboard owners

Moderator: MiRai

<<

bollwerk

Post Fri May 06, 2016 6:20 pm

Warning for Corsair K95 RGB keyboard owners

For me at least, firmware update 2.04 broke my G/M keys with Innerspace.
The keys still show input in the Lavish.ButtonTester.exe, but I haven't compared the results to previous tests.
Now I need to figure out how to revert my firmware back.

Edit - fixed firmware version
Last edited by bollwerk on Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri May 06, 2016 8:59 pm

Re: Warning for Corsair K95 RGB keyboard owners

I will check it out, thanks. If I need to make changes I may not have time until Sunday -- birthday party for one of my kids tomorrow :)
<<

bollwerk

Post Sat May 07, 2016 5:08 pm

Thanks man.
No rush.
I just reverted back to the ISBoxer defaults and made macros in the Corsair profile to do what I want.
<<

Nozrion

Post Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:53 pm

Hey!

Was wondering bout this, just bought this keyboard and cant use the G keys :/
Im quite new to multiboxing also, so i bet im doing something wrong :D
<<

bollwerk

Post Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:35 pm

If it came with firmware version 2.04 or later, Lax still needs to fix Innerspace/ISBoxer to deal with whatever changes they made.

If you're on a version previous to 2.04, let us know and maybe we can help.
<<

Nozrion

Post Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:40 pm

Not sure if it is me you are asking, but this is new keyboard. So no idea if it worked or not with what firmware, i know someone i know who told me that his G key binds didnt work for awhile now. Reason why i bought this one is with my Logitech keyboard, the G keys didnt work either. But i have no clue when it did happend since ive only tired now and then. And now that i want to play more, since i got more time, it doesnt work on either :/ And as i said earlier, im still new to this. So i might be doing something wrong if anyone else get it to work.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:44 pm

Can answer your likely issue with your Logitech keyboard with this link... http://isboxer.com/wiki/Logitech_G-series
This will apply to even their new Orion and Atlas products.

No idea about the Corsair. Hopefully it will be resolved soon, but it sounds like a downgrade of the firmware might resolve the issue (if you can), or instead setting up mapped keys in ISBoxer with hard to use hotkeys (like CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+SOMETHING) and having your Corsair G Keys send that combination.
<<

bollwerk

Post Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:43 pm

Yes, Nozorion, my post was directed at you.
What I'm saying is that your new keyboard may have Firmware 2.04 or 2.05, as those are very recent releases.
You can check your firmware version by opening the Corsair Utility Engine, click on Settings, then Device.
You will see the Firmware version in the middle.
If it's 2.04 or 2.05, then I would suggest contacting Lax and asking him to look into fixing Innerspace to recognize whatever changes happened in 2.04.
If you're on a version older than 2.04, then let us know here and we can try and help.
<<

bollwerk

Post Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:47 pm

bob wrote:Can answer your likely issue with your Logitech keyboard with this link... http://isboxer.com/wiki/Logitech_G-series
This will apply to even their new Orion and Atlas products.

No idea about the Corsair. Hopefully it will be resolved soon, but it sounds like a downgrade of the firmware might resolve the issue (if you can), or instead setting up mapped keys in ISBoxer with hard to use hotkeys (like CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+SOMETHING) and having your Corsair G Keys send that combination.

FYI - Unless something has changed recently, this keyboard (and perhaps all Corsair keyboards) only supports 2 modifier keys in a macro. i.e. You can map a G key to CTRL+ALT+1 or CTRL+SHIFT+1, but not CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+1
<<

Nozrion

Post Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:12 pm

Seems like it is firmware 2.05 on this one, guess that is why it is not working.
Gonna map my G keys like you said meanwhile :)
Next

Return to Multiboxing Hardware