FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

New to Building a PC, Need your input

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Reku89

Post Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:14 am

New to Building a PC, Need your input

Looking to spend about $1000-$1500 excluding peripheral . Would like to be able to run 3 monitors. I'm worried if i build it myself I'll get stuff that doesnt run well together or one part will slow down the rest of the computer. lmk whats up in todays latest hardware =]
<<

Valerian

ISBoxer Support Team

Post Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:04 am

Re: New to Building a PC, Need your input

A couple clarification questions.

1. What do you consider peripheral? Are you looking for cpu/motherboard/memory/video only in that price range? or case/power supply included? Hard/SSD drives? Everything but the monitors, keyboard, and mouse?
  2. What game are you planning on multiboxing, and how many toons?

This page has a few general guidelines to look at: Recommended System Specifications
<<

Reku89

Post Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:15 pm

everything but the mouse/keyboard/monitors.. 4 toons for d3. and i can go higher in price range if need be.

This is the pcpartpicker i tweeked a little bit from another post, but some time has past since that post and dont know if its the way to go still. And i dont know if the parts i changed will help it or just a useless upgrade that is limited by another part.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:17 pm

Multiboxing is hard, but the hardware itself is not. You should get what you can afford. Sometimes you need to adjust game settings to suit the capabilities of the hardware you have.

Factors you need to take into account are what game you are playing, how many instances you want to play, what quality graphics you want to see while playing, and at what resolution you want to be displaying it all at.

Items to focus on are the GFX and CPU. The remainder is make sure you have enough RAM (16GB or 32GB), get an SSD (250GB or more), and then anything else you need/want to make it go or functions you want.

If you aren't planning on running 4K and running your 4 instances of D3 at super quality graphics, the specs you have in the part list would be suitable. If you want to improve it, then a 980Ti or a TitanX would be nice, but maybe overkill, not to mention pricey (and that might change the PSU requirements).

I wouldn't worry about getting stuff that doesn't work together. Sites like PCPartPicker, by default, have the option to make sure of compatibility between the selected items so using it to select your parts will help you with that.

Return to Multiboxing Hardware