FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

XKeys XK-24

Moderator: MiRai

<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:29 pm

Re: XKeys XK-24

Dragonwise wrote:Still not working in build 6055. Buttontest.iss shows nothing for the XK-24.

After updating you may need to close and restart Inner Space. I assume you've done that, but just throwing that out there.

Additionally, depending on the state of InputDevices.XML in your Inner Space folder, it might help to just delete that and re-launch Inner Space. After doing so, Inner Space should detect the device and add it to this file. ISBoxer will read it when you re-launch ISBoxer.
<<

Dragonwise

Post Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:24 am

Still no joy...

Here are the steps I used:
* Launch InnerSpace
* on the Patcher screen, click Download development (test) patches
* Restart InnerSpace
* after patching is complete, exit InnerSpace
* delete InputDevices.XML
* Launch InnerSpace
* verify build number is 6055
* on the Console screen, type run buttontest
* test keyboard, mouse, XK-24 buttons

Buttontest.iss shows output for keyboard and mouse events, but nothing for the XK-24 buttons.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:22 pm

E-mail me your inputdevices.xml file (lax@lavishsoft.com) or attach it to a post if you want instead
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:16 pm

Your InputDevices.XML file has the non-native version of your XK-24 device, which I would expect from the non-development build. The non-native version should only produce output in buttontest.iss if the device is set to DirectInput mode (I have no idea what settings are required for that, but believe there is a setting).
<<

Dragonwise

Post Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:11 pm

Looks like this is a dead-end. The only reason I purchased an X-Keys device is because InnerSpace claims to support the X-Keys family. Are you saying InnerSpace supports only the native version or a development build of the device? This device has no DirectInput capability. DirectInput was deprecated some time ago.

I am curious why Lavish.ButtonTester.exe can see the button presses, but InnerSpace cannot.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:22 pm

Dragonwise wrote:Looks like this is a dead-end. The only reason I purchased an X-Keys device is because InnerSpace claims to support the X-Keys family. Are you saying InnerSpace supports only the native version or a development build of the device? This device has no DirectInput capability. DirectInput was deprecated some time ago.

*sigh*

No.

First of all before I continue, I had a mild mis-reading on your InputDevices.XML. My original assumption was that something went wrong in your update/delete process, resulting in it listing the old data from the non-development build and nothing from the development build. However, after reviewing it again, it has BOTH the old AND the new data listed. It looks like you ran the non-development build after the development build, and when I first looked at it I didn't realize that. If you're still on the non-development build now, it definitely will not operate with native Inner Space support though.

I was not saying that Inner Space supports only whatever you're saying. The device *has* Direct Input capability, which is why it is listing in the InputDevices.XML *without* any native support in Inner Space. It will be listed in any old version of Inner Space because of that. This is what I am telling you is listed in your InputDevices.XML. I would assume, therefore, that the device CAN be configured in Direct Input mode. If you're telling me that "Microsoft deprecated Direct Input some time ago" (And don't get me started on XInput...) this is very different from "X-Keys deprecated THEIR DIRECT INPUT SUPPORT FOR THEIR DEVICES" -- please clarify. The Direct Input API is still part of DirectX, works just the same as it did when they stopped adding to it, many input devices still have drivers supporting it, and in these cases no native Inner Space support is actually required. I believe people have still been using Direct Input mode with X-Keys devices, which is why I made this suggestion to you.

I am curious why Lavish.ButtonTester.exe can see the button presses, but InnerSpace cannot.

Assuming you're still on the development build, then this would imply a bug in my code for this device. I don't own an XK-24, which is why I have to rely on confirmations and feedback from you to do any further work on it. I can't just assume you're still on the development build because as I explained above, it is clear that you were on the non-development build again some time between deleting InputDevices.XML and sending it to me. And again, if you're on the non-development build, Inner Space will not see the button presses unless the device is set to Direct Input mode.

With all of that said, the XK-24 confused Lavish.ButtonTester and it didn't output some of the data that would have been nice to have in order to make sure it's using the newest code in my native support. I have updated the Lavish.ButtonTester.exe download as of now with improved output for devices where that happens (including XK-24). I would like you to download the new update to Lavish.ButtonTester.exe, from the same link, and get me the updated data. I can then update the native support and get this fixed for you.

Sorry to have confused you.
<<

Dragonwise

Post Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:17 pm

Lax: I am sorry if my previous post sounded harsh or disgruntled. That was not intended, and I am still a happy customer. I really appreciate you and your quality product. You have the best multi-boxing software on the market. I sent the updated XML and Button Test information to you via email.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:24 pm

Perfect, the new data clearly showed why nothing showed up in Inner Space, I fudged a number. I've patched the fix into Inner Space build 6059, the new development build. Re-launch the development build to patch up and let me know if that changes things :)
Previous

Return to Multiboxing Hardware