FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

What to build for triple boxing WoW in WoD.

Moderator: MiRai

<<

dragon21

Post Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:51 pm

What to build for triple boxing WoW in WoD.

Hello I am going to be building a computer for triple boxing WoW. I currently triple boxing WoW on my Laptop which has a I7 Intell processor in it but have been having overheating issues in the last few months and wish to upgrade to a desktop. I am looking to spend any where from 1500-3000$ on it but want to make sure it can run three accounts at pretty much max settings and beable to run for 10 hour days.I wish to go intell because AMD doesnt seem as reliable. Can anyone suggest what parts and components I should try and get to build this machine I am currently doing research on what I should build but considering Triple boxing WoW is pretty much all Ill ever do my comp I thought this would be a good place to start asking questions.I want to dual monitor but am not very computer savvy and do not know the ins and out very well.

Thanks in advance and if there is any questions you need to ask for any information in particular please do.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:30 pm

Re: What to build for triple boxing WoW in WoD.

I think any $1,500 computer can handle multiboxing three accounts with little to no issue depending on your settings, so spending upwards of $3,000 should practically guarantee quality performance.

I'd suggest looking at the numerous other threads where people have been asking for build advice:

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=6302
http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/5174 ... this-build
http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/5157 ... r-5-boxing
http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/5142 ... -new-build
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:06 am

You don't say whether the budget needs to include items like monitors, keyboard, mouse, speakers or headphones, OS. Or whether you need an optical drive (DVD/BD), even if only to install Windows. Once you start including those, then all of a sudden it takes out a chunk.

Would you need said computer to possibly 5 box WOW in the near future, or is it purely triple boxing only and forever? Are max settings still desired for this? Are max settings essential?

Do you have brand preferences for your other components?
<<

dragon21

Post Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:54 am

Sorry for my late reply guys just to answer some of the questions. I may play around with 5 boxing in the future just for funzies but I am a dedicated triple boxer been running and loving three characters for about 1 year.

I will need monitors,keyboard I have a razor Naga that is still working quite well and would like to build a computer that is pure intel and invidia and Asus components. I will have about 2100$ to spend currently I am on a laptop atm with a 2.00 GZH I7 Processor and AMD graphics the one probalem I am having with my graphics card is I keep getting a error when I screen swap that says "The amd graphics driver has stopped responding and has recovered" gotten it about 170 times in the last year but its random but it only seems to happen MOST of the time is when I screen swap. Sometimes when I start the program. Hope this answer your questions love the software. Love this software and will be extending my subscription in the next bit keep up the good work :)
<<

dragon21

Post Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:06 am

Also no max settings are not required would like to run good very good at 60 fps. I can run 60fps with my laptop at minimal settings and I paid 1200$ for my laptop three years ago and it was one from staples so hopfully that also helps.

I have a Intel I7-2630QM 2.00 Ghz processor 8 GB ram and I do not know where to show the specs on my graphics card.

Return to Multiboxing Hardware