FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Split GPU - Different Resolutions - mouse position?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Rasmon

Post Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:04 pm

Split GPU - Different Resolutions - mouse position?

Hi All,

I am new to ISBoxer and I am running into a problem setting up Diablo 3 (4 boxing). Problem: The mouse on my main monitor is moving the mice on the slaves (other slots), but not in the same position. Half way down the screen on my main monitor is off the screen on the other 3. I am guessing this is because my monitors are a different resolution and are reflected as such in the configurations ISBoxer is generating.

Goal: Ideally, I would like to run the main Slot (D1) on my main monitor/GPU at 2560x1440 with all the graphics turned up and the 3 slaves (D2, D3, D4) on the second monitor/GPU at a lower resolution with all the graphics turned down, as the second GPU is not as powerful. I currently setup a Window Layout with Slot 1 on the Main Monitor and slots 2 - 4 on the 2nd monitor, with swapping enabled

Alternate Goal: If it's required to run it at the same resolution, that may be manageable with a new GPU purchase, but I would still want to turn down the other graphic settings.

I have already confirmed all the slots are using the correct GPUs. If I try changing the settings in the game for the different slots, those settings are not maintained when I close/open the game. For one time use, if I increase the resolution on slots D2 - D4, the mouse appears in the same position on all slots, but again I would really like to use the smaller resolution on those slave slots and even if I decided to change the resolution, not sure how to make that a change save for future games.

Hardware/System:
Windows 7 (64-bit)
Core i7 930 @ 2.80GHz
12 GB RAM
2 GPUs (Main GPU - Nvidia 580 GTX, 2nd GPU - Nvidia GT 9800)
2 Monitors (Main Monitor @ 2560x1440, 2nd Monitor @ 1920x1200)

Any suggestions on how to solve this?

Thanks!
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:16 pm

Re: Split GPU - Different Resolutions - mouse position?

So, you should share your config viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13, so we can see if there is anything going on there.

But easy things to check are.

1. That all game instances are in Windowed Fullscreen. You may also try flicking between this setting and something else, and then back again on each instance.
2. That you have Instant Swap enabled on your Window Layout. Goto the Window Layouts node, select the sub node associated with your character set, Check the lower right pane, and see if Use Instant window swapping is enabled.
3. Make sure that the region sizes are the same aspect ratio 2560x1440 and 1920x1080 should be fine provided you are not leaving space for the taskbar on one of the screens. If you are, then assuming that it is you big one, the resolution of the regions should be 2560x1400 and 1920x1050.
4. Make sure that Windows is not running scaling in your display settings. Windows 8 seems to do this a lot. You wan't no DPI scaling (the slider should be all the way to the left - assuming you are from a LTR country).

Failing that, show your config, and also, you could go into the in game ISBoxer gui (CTRL+SHIFT+ALT+G by default) goto the Debug tab, hit Capture State, and paste back the results.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:36 pm

haha... I reread and see that some of what I suggested wont apply anyway.

If your configuration is correct to force the true resolutions per GPU/Monitor, then you will probably need to set the Repeater Profile -> Default setting for the cursor to one of the "Scaled to Fit.." options.

Edit:
And because I'm a slow reader. you may want to take a gander at http://isboxer.com/wiki/GPU_Management# ... tiple_GPUs

Cross swapping between GPU's is not usually a great idea.
<<

Rasmon

Post Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:52 pm

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the help. I figured out one of my main problems was that I was changing game settings, closing/opening the game, and the settings were not saving. Turns out, you have to login to D3 to save those settings... Doh! :oops:

Once I was able to save the settings in D3, I found that any 16:9 ratio resolution would work fine for me, so I used the smallest listed for the slaves. Performance on my main monitor was great (without swapping), but performance on my 2nd monitor is beyond bad (had a feeling that 9800 GT wouldn't cut it). So, I'll likely order a new video card to run this all off a single card (based on your suggested link).

Thanks again for taking the time to respond!

Return to Multiboxing Hardware