FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

HELP plz! 2000-2250€ Computer

Moderator: MiRai

<<

KelzarSpain

Post Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:06 am

HELP plz! 2000-2250€ Computer

Hi there friends!

First of all sorry for my english, its not my natural language so I will try my best to type the things properly.

Im going to get a new computer for around 2-2.3k €, and I need some multiboxers/informatic advice.

Currently i play Diablo 3 with 4 accounts, single Gpu and double monitor.

I have boxed this D3 spec/computer for around 5k hours.

I play with char1 con 1st screen and chars 2,3,4 con 2nd screen.

Ingame the 4 chars run with all vídeo specs at lowest possible option.

On innerSpace i use all CPUs to all instances and 30fps to char1 and 18fps to chars 2,3,4

I cant put higher fps on the chars, if not the computer comes slower and then the desync of the chars becomes totally unplayable.

At this point the game usually goes smooth but there are several maps/zones where there is a high fps lose. (If i play just one char with no innerspace etc the performance/smoothness/overall looks is super nicer)

If I try to stream the FPs/smothness goes even worse

At this point i will write down my current computer:

Core: i5-3570K 3.40Ghz
Core Fan: Noctua NH-L 12
MotherBoard: Asrock Fatal1ty Z77 pPro
GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 6950 OC 2GB GDDR5
Capture: AverMedia Gamer Live HD
Ram: G. Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 2133 PC-17000 2x8GB
Router: Cisco EPC3928
Disco Duro: OCZ Vertex 4 128GB
Power: AeroCool Strike-X Power 800
Box: AeroCool Strike-X GT
Screen 1: Samsung SyncMaster SA550 27"
Screen 2: Samsung C750 24"

So what i Want?
I would like to build a pc wich could hand at least main char with high graphic options and a consistent/perma decent fps and smoothness

If it were possible I would like to stream all this game action, so the pc should be able to handle what i said before and the stream (Im talking in terms of computer, as my internet is good enough) at the time.

The web where I will buy the computer parts will be http://www.pccomponentes.con and the current option a friend gave to me is this:

Motherboard:
MSI X99S Gaming 9 AC -- 373€
Core:
Intel Core i7-5820K 3.3Ghz Box -- 359€
Ram
G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Black DDR4 2133 PC4-17000 16GB 4x4GB CL15 - 247€
SSD
Samsung 850 Pro SSD Series 256GB -156€
-----> I have been told to use maybe a Samsung m2 PCI ssd for 90€ more and better performance
GPU:
2x MSI GeForce GTX 970 Twin Frozr V OC 4GB GDDR5 -355X2 710€
Core fan
Noctua NH-D14 SE2011 -74€
Power supply:
Corsair RM850 850W 80 Plus Gold Modular -- 137€
Box:
Corsair Obsidian 450D - 104€

So my questions now as informatic noob are:

1) This spec would have a real difference in terms of better performance with my current pc?
2) With a variance of total +-10%€ you would change any pieces of the list my friend made?? (He is informatic but has not multibox knowledge)

A lot of thanks for the help!
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:34 pm

Re: HELP plz! 2000-2250€ Computer

KelzarSpain wrote:1) This spec would have a real difference in terms of better performance with my current pc?
2) With a variance of total +-10%€ you would change any pieces of the list my friend made?? (He is informatic but has not multibox knowledge)

Yes it would make a difference to the performance as it will 1, give you more parallelism with the increase in cores and you might be limited on your current setup (and extra cores a good anyway as it means the OS won't be starved of cycles) , and 2. more GPU power + ram. But how much of a difference is difficult to quantify as it would depend on where your previous bottleneck was. It also depends on the game, which, as I don't play D3, I can't provide any help on that.

That said, the dual NVidia GPU is a good choice as SLI does work in windowed applications, as opposed to Crossfire which does not. You still get twice as much vram even when in SLI over your previous setup which is great (your GPU is probably the weak item in your current setup).

The SSD will help a bit too as the 850 is faster than the vertex4, but you may not notice a huge difference there. You could get an M2 if you really wanted. If you've got money to chuck that way, then feel free. It is faster again, but would you notice. I don't think so (my opinion).

Probably the only limiting item on your list is the CPU, which has 28 PCIe lanes, so you can't run both GPUs in 16x mode. You will only be able to have 1 at 16x and 1 at 8x, with 4 lanes left for whatever needs/wants them (which could be an onboard device or another card), and as the theoretical bandwidth of the 970 at 7GT/s is getting close to the theoretical 8GT/s of 16x PCIe v3.0, then I'd be inclined to go for a 5930x with 40 PCIe lanes, if you can afford it. I'd go CPU over the M2. BUT (there is always a but), how the theory of the onboard bandwidth into the interface bandwidth is always interesting, and it is possible you'd be fine with both cards running at 8x. Someone else may have more info on this that me as I haven't look too deeply at it.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:34 am

Re: HELP plz! 2000-2250€ Computer

bob wrote:the theoretical bandwidth of the 970 at 7GT/s is getting close to the theoretical 8GT/s of 16x PCIe v3.0, then I'd be inclined to go for a 5930x with 40 PCIe lanes

Just to clarify.
I knew this was bullshit when I wrote it, and possibly should have said that much more clearly, and that it was purely theoretical numbers based on potential maximum performance, but I could never prove it as I don't have the tools, hardware, nor inclination to do so.

Anyway. This article shows some insights into just how much bandwidth you might need for a modern graphics card http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/graphics- ... 33070.html. Note: I also read the referenced 2011 article back in 2011, and probably should have dug this out in the previous post.

Based on their data you could almost assume that graphics cards running 1 lane PCIe 3.x would still have more than enough bandwidth, and that the slight performance difference is due to signalling changes in PCIe versions, although NVidia's comment re: one of the metrics could not be relied upon, mean that this is probably a bit hopeful, but the basic assertion that 8 lane PCIe 2.x would provide suitable bandwidth, is the same as 4 lane PCIe 3.x.

SO I take it back. 28 lanes would be more than enough for me.

That of course may change once graphics cards capable of driving multiple 4K monitors come along, but hopefully the CPU's will have cycled by then too.

Return to Multiboxing Hardware