FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Can G600 keys be used as modifiers?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Zork

Post Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:54 am

Can G600 keys be used as modifiers?

Currently using G600-18-20 bound to alt, shift, ctrl respectively to have 3 options for each button on the G13.

1. is there a way to bind say G600-G15 + G13-G19? (the G600-G15 natively acts as a mod and is not bound to a standard keyboard button) or is there a better way to accomplish this?

I have half the use of one of my hands, hence extensive keybinds. I believe this will lessen with the pro-config and stepping, but for now it would be handy to have, for example a checkbox (like the ctrl, alt, shift ones) that would allow me to bind multiple keys in the drop-down keybind list. Perhaps this is impossible.

Having a blast m-boxing with ISBoxer! Thanks for all the tutorials and vids from the veterans.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:04 pm

Re: Can G600 keys be used as modifiers?

You can have any button treated as a Modifier for the purpose of ISBoxer's Mapped Keys.

You just need to stop thinking of Modifiers. :)

What you want to do, for this to work the way you want, is set up a Key Map that you will toggle on while you hold your "Modifier" (you may also want to split ones that toggle OFF into a new Key Map as well, for example if you also have G13-G19 without G600-G15). This new Key Map contains all of the Hotkeys you want to combine with that "Modifier" so for example if you want to hold G600-G15 and press any of a range of G13 keys, you would put several G13 keys in this new Key Map. There is nothing special about this new Key Map, but it should NOT be assigned to your Character Set.

After you've done that, the key to turning G600-G15 into a Modifier is to use the Mapped Key Wizard and select "Key Map Toggler", and make sure you put this toggler in a Key Map that isn't going to be toggled on/off by it ;) ("Always On" is a good place for this toggle)

So basically:
1. A Key Map called "Unmodified G-Keys" can contain your normal G13 mappings. This could be assigned to your Character Set, so it will load by default.
2. A Key Map called "Modified G-Keys" can contain your special G13 mappings. This does NOT get assigned to your Character Set, and is not enabled by default.
3. A Key Map Toggler can be in "Always On", set to "pressed OR released" mode, turning OFF "Unmodified G-keys" and turning ON "Modified G-Keys" when pressed, and it will put them back when you release
<<

Zork

Post Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:45 pm

Re: Can G600 keys be used as modifiers?

Thank you lax, for the explanation (particularly "mod" key clarification/illumination) this is even better and more buttons than I would ever need. :oD

I believe it will also save alt, shift, ctrl for hot key sequences, rather than using them as "modifiers" as I am currently doing on 3 mouse g-keys.

Appreciated as always.

Return to Multiboxing Hardware