FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[EVE] Microsoft X4 Sidewinder Keyboard

Moderator: MiRai

<<

QuantumX

Post Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:30 pm

Microsoft X4 Sidewinder Keyboard

If someone has one of these could you please answer a question...

I'm trying to map the S1 to S4 keys to CTRL+ALT+1 to CTRL+ALT+4, but i for the life of my cannot get the macro to work...

I have tested without IS Boxer and mapped a simple command within EvE Online using the above open a window and it works, when i then run ISBoxer the commend does not work... any suggestions?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:08 pm

Re: Microsoft X4 Sidewinder Keyboard

You're programming this using the Sidewinder software?

FAQ: Why are my custom keyboard/mouse buttons not working?
<<

QuantumX

Post Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:51 pm

Yes the software from Microsoft, but i cannot seem to run as admin because the software is accessed through the Keyboard icon in the control panel... not as good as the razer software much easier for my N52, but i have the and X4 keyboard :(
<<

QuantumX

Post Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:35 am

OK this is driving me nutz... obviously something simple...

Currently i have configured the S1 to S5 keys on the X4 as CTRL+ALT+1 to CTRL+ALT+4

Then opened the File, Input Device Editor, but to be honest i have not got a clue what I should be setting up in here to get the keys to work in IS Boxer.
<<

QuantumX

Post Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:52 am

BTW i have tested this with my Razer Nostromo using the Razer Synapse 2.0 software and this works flawlessly..

WTF is with the MS Keyboard.... :evil:
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:03 pm

QuantumX wrote:Yes the software from Microsoft, but i cannot seem to run as admin because the software is accessed through the Keyboard icon in the control panel... not as good as the razer software much easier for my N52, but i have the and X4 keyboard :(

Sorry for the late response. You should be able to check the Windows Task Manager for "ipoint.exe". You can shut it down and then manually launch it as Administrator -- it probably launches by default at system startup.
<<

QuantumX

Post Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:18 pm

LOL..

I found the fix as you typed... And just came back to post this for other noobs like me in the future...

Step 1: Open the task manager (press CTRL+ALT+DELETE and click task manager). On the 'Processes' tab, find the process called "itype.exe", right-click on it, and 'end process'.

Step 2: Now navigate to where you installed the Microsoft IntelliType software -- i.e C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliType Pro

Step 3: Right-click on "itype.exe", select 'Properties' -> 'Compatibility' -> 'Run as administrator' (same thing you did before). Click 'OK'.

Step 4: Double-click on "itype.exe" to start the process back up again (or restart your PC)

Thanks LAX for the help!

Return to Multiboxing Hardware