FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[EVE] Will I be able to effectively run 10 clients?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Salgressor

Post Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:19 am

Will I be able to effectively run 10 clients?

Hey guys,
I have been toying around with the idea and running some numbers on solo running vanguard incursions in EVE.

My question is, am I able to run 10 clients (1 on-grid booster, 7 DPS, 2 logi) with my planned setup, with potential to add an 11th character at a later date?

Specifications:
Intel Core i7 3770K @ 4.2GHz
Kingston 120GB SSDNow V300 SSD (Running OS and EVE)
Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB RAM @ 1600MHz
GIGABYTE Windforce X3 GTX 760 4GB
Corsair Builder Edition 600W PSU

Any advice on potential bottlenecks and tips of optimizing performance are entirely welcome :)
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:00 pm

Re: Will I be able to effectively run 10 clients?

This is a very difficult question for anyone but you to find a concrete answer to because no one but you knows what video settings you like to play, how your machine specifically handles those video settings, and what level of performance you find acceptable.

So, what you can do is fire up one Character Slot at a time through Inner Space and then monitor your hardware. I'd recommend finding an area in the game that produces a lot of load on your system when running multiple clients (e.g. not the login screen) so that you will know if your hardware can handle a worst case scenario. From there you'd need to figure out if you need to drop any settings or FPS in order to handle more clients.
<<

Salgressor

Post Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:33 am

Re: Will I be able to effectively run 10 clients?

Thanks for the response,
when multiboxing I typically run everything but the Shaders on minimum, which I run on Medium because it looks a whole lot 'prettier' and make no impact on FPS. I run at 1440x900 resolution on 2 monitors.

The RAM usage can typically be between 800mb and 1.2gb per client so that should be covered, I am more worried about hard drive bottlenecking hence the SSD. I also figured CPU would be the 2nd main issue.

But yeah as you said I guess the best way is to take a client and monitor it in more intensive areas.

Return to Multiboxing Hardware