FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[Feature Request] Razer Orbweaver Support

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Bocephus666

Post Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:30 am

[Feature Request] Razer Orbweaver Support

I'm not sure if this is the 'right' section to post this in, but as best I can tell the Orbweaver is not currently supported. Yes obviously I can bind a keyboard function and use the orbweaver. What I'm looking for is using it like other integrated devices such as the Nostromo. Where I bind an Orbweaver key to a joystick button, i.e. Dn.

Thanks
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:42 am

Re: [Feature Request] Razer Orbweaver Support

I moved it to the right section for you. In this Multiboxing Hardware section there's an input devices thread with a link to http://isboxer.com/wiki/Input:Requesting_Native_Support -- please visit this link, as it provides instructions on seeing if the device can be natively supported, and if it can, then also the data I need to add support.

I will say that there's probably not a very high chance the Razer drivers provide the right support. Most Razer devices do not (including all my Nagas); Razer Nostromo does but that's because it was previously from other manufacturers (and the original Nostromo n52 drivers were sufficient for native support).
<<

Bocephus666

Post Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:23 pm

Thanks for the info.
<<

Bocephus666

Post Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:34 am

Just an FYI, I have managed to get it to work :)

The first challenge was which item in the device list is the correct item for the Orbweaver. There are three Input Devices listed named Orbweaver...

'Razer Orbweaver (573-input)'
'Razer Orbweaver (3-input)'
'Razer Orbweaver (1-input)'

None of these are the ones to use :)

There is another device in the list labeled '6 axis 24 button device with hat switch (31-input)', this is the device to use.

That being said, it would appear that if you configure the Orbweaver to use Joystick 1-12 it passes NumPad functions, so from what I can tell, you can't use those. I bound Joystick 14-21 to various keys on the Orbweaver, and at least for now, they all seem to work fine (still testing/validating)

Return to Multiboxing Hardware