FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Xkeys

Moderator: MiRai

<<

firescue17

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:45 am

Xkeys

Does anyone have any experience with Xkeys keypads? I'm debating getting one but wanted to make sure it wasn't outright junk before making a purchase.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:25 pm

Re: Xkeys

I don't own one myself, but I have a friend that swore by his for a long time. He wanted so badly for it to work natively with Inner Space (several years ago) that we collaborated a bit on a proof of concept, and that's when alternative input device support was initially added to Inner Space. So ISBoxer does support X-Keys devices :)
<<

mrmagoo

Post Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:47 pm

It might not be flash enough for you but I set some similar up last night for $0. ($5 if I had to buy the key pad)
http://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=4557

It wont look like something out of star trek as the photos on the website show (and that may be important) but it will work. :)

Depending on how many keys you want of course. I see they have some pretty advanced ones with many keys.

I am doing some music stuff with Ableton Live and they use similar looking hardware. Of course most of it is midi based but it does not have to be.
http://global.novationmusic.com/midi-controllers-digital-dj/launchpad

People of course build their own (midi and normal keyboards) and I see that they sell the circuit boards separately. (drool) Now THERE is something I could get into! :o

They are VERY pricey though for what you are getting. ($50+ dollars for a $5 circuit board - I know this because I had a friend who made them as a hobby) I guess most people would struggle to get around the "cannot bind different devices to different keystrokes" problem?
Last edited by mrmagoo on Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

firescue17

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:57 am

@Lax: Thank you for the info. I had faith we could get it to work, but I'm glad to know support is already available.

@mrmagoo: Your thread is what reminded me about them. I've had the Manufacturer's page bookmarked for a long time under the "wouldn't it be nice" category.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:00 pm

X-Keys used to be a big hit for multiboxing WoW before software took off and you might be able to find some old threads on it in the hardware forum of dual-boxing.
<<

mrmagoo

Post Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:28 pm

lol. My thread reminded you about them??

I KNEW that picture I made was aweseemo. :mrgreen:

Return to Multiboxing Hardware