FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Diablo 3, 4 multiboxing accounts - need cpu advice!

Moderator: MiRai

<<

uberpooter

Post Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:18 pm

Diablo 3, 4 multiboxing accounts - need cpu advice!

Hi Guys,

First off, love the software and will continue to be a member/advertise you guys when applicable.

I've been multi-boxing for a couple months now on my PC. I have my main instance @ 1920x1080 max settings, with a 60FPS cap. My other three are at 1152x768 with lowest settings. When I multibox I like my main instance to maintain the same visual experience I would have without the other 3 accounts. That said, I'm seeing pretty significant FPS drops (down to 10-20fps at times) in heavy battles because there are a lot of FX being processed. I'd like to keep my main instance at 60fps during the entire gameplay. My other 3 are capped at 15/20fps background/foreground.

My specs:
Radeon HD 7970 Overclocked 1150 core, 1500mhz memory with 3gb ram.
i5 3570k @ 3.4ghz.
8gb ram
all instances reading from 128gb samsung SSD

Here is a video I made, about half way thru with the barbarians you will see the lag spikes! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTM8ZuCAnvk

My cpu AND gpu cap out at 100% usage during these battles, but I believe it's my cpu bottlenecking because I've read many places that diablo 3 is a CPU heavy game. That said, is upgrading to a i7 4770k going to be substantial? And is there a way to render my other 3 instances at a lower resolution but keep the 16:9 aspect ratio? I'm a little confused on how to do that.

Any advice greatly appreciated,

-Uberpooter
<<

uberpooter

Post Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:41 pm

Re: Diablo 3, 4 multiboxing accounts - need cpu advice!

Quick note: Would it be best to overclock my processor rather than buying an i7? I'm starting to think my settings and resolutions aren't correct and I'm doing something wrong with ISBoxer :/
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:30 am

Your CPU and GPU handle your FPS and I see no FPS lag in that video. I'm assuming you're talking about where everything stands still for a moment which is network lag and is mostly caused by:

• A subpar router that can't handle that much information going through it at once
  • A subpar modem that can't handle that much information going through it at once
  • A subpar internet connection that has bad cabling somewhere along the line which causes it to not be able to handle that much information going through it at once
  • Blizzard's servers (e.g. The reason you can't run 4 Mages at later levels)

If you're using the TcpAck registry hack that may be hurting you as well; or if you're not using it, maybe you should try using it. Here is a simple program that will enable/disable it for you when you want.
<<

uberpooter

Post Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:04 pm

Hi MiRai,

Thanks for the reply. I have experienced the network lag before where the whole game skips, but I am referring to the fps drop in the video where my main instance (around 2 minutes in) goes from 60fps to 18fps. It's much easier to see in HD fullscreen, the top left corner has an fps counter. I know it is a first world problem but it's my hobby.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:53 pm

uberpooter wrote:Hi MiRai,

Thanks for the reply. I have experienced the network lag before where the whole game skips, but I am referring to the fps drop in the video where my main instance (around 2 minutes in) goes from 60fps to 18fps. It's much easier to see in HD fullscreen, the top left corner has an fps counter. I know it is a first world problem but it's my hobby.

I guess the video doesn't clearly show the problem since the video on YouTube is only 30FPS and anything above it doesn't get shown regardless; so, when you drop to 20FPS, visually, it's only a loss of 10FPS in the video.

However, if you need assistance with FPS, you should start here:
http://isboxer.com/wiki/HOWTO:Tweak_your_framerate

Return to Multiboxing Hardware