FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Video Cards for dual monitor set

Moderator: MiRai

<<

gnetcham

Post Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:28 am

Video Cards for dual monitor set

I have a 7970 radeon that runs rather hot even with alot of air flow, quad boxing atm and with dual monitors wanted to know if I can just grab another card to split the work load so I can have my Main monitor with my higher powered gpu and a second with the 3 followers on the second without crossfire for my other monitor , Really want to know if it will work out , and try to lower the temps

And if anyone knows a good system for aftermarket cooling of 7900 radeon gpu would cool beans
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:23 pm

Re: Video Cards for dual monitor set

gnetcham wrote:I have a 7970 radeon that runs rather hot even with alot of air flow, quad boxing atm and with dual monitors wanted to know if I can just grab another card to split the work load so I can have my Main monitor with my higher powered gpu and a second with the 3 followers on the second without crossfire for my other monitor , Really want to know if it will work out

Yes, I've personally 'split the load' for both WoW and FFXIV across my GTX 580s.
<<

gnetcham

Post Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:49 pm

Re: Video Cards for dual monitor set

cant even try it now if I wanted to this new aftermarket cooler xtreme 7970 covers up 5 slots lol but it keeps the 1 gpu cooler 30c at full load >.<

Return to Multiboxing Hardware