FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

sidewinderx4 native?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

sambrokyl

Post Sun May 26, 2013 10:14 am

Re: sidewinderx4 native?

its my mumber keypad. all of the keys are mapped so I can use them for whatever I need.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun May 26, 2013 10:36 am

I understand that it's your number pad... but I'm still not sure what you're trying to do with your S1 button.

If you set up your Mapped Key in ISBoxer with S1 as its Hotkey, and you tell it to send Num 7, then it's going to send Num 7 to the game. If the game itself is not configured with a key binding for Num 7, then it's going to get the Num 7 and not do anything.

From what you described about your other numpad keys, they are for window switching. But that would be configured in ISBoxer's Hotkeys, not in the game... meaning that if you configure ISBoxer to send Num 1 when you press S1, it's going to send Num 1 to the game, regardless of what it is Hotkeyed within ISBoxer to do. I have no indication of what you have configured Num 7 to do within the game, if anything. Except that it sounds like it's not configured to do anything in the game, because you're telling me it does nothing.

If you want to press S1 and have it switch windows, then this is what you build your Mapped Key to do, as opposed to sending the key combination. (e.g. with a Window Focus Action instead of a Keystroke Action.) If you want to send a key combination, AND have THAT key combination switch windows, you would have to program that within the Sidewinder software instead, since keys sent by the Sidewinder software would be interpreted by ISBoxer as potential Hotkeys instead of doing directly to the game.
<<

sambrokyl

Post Sun May 26, 2013 12:00 pm

Ok I think we are at crossed wires here =)

I don't want to switch windows, I have other keys already assigned and working perfectly for that. I have configured a macro on the sidewinder that cycles through the number keys 1 to 5 with a delay between them. When I press the S1 key outside of the game, this executes perfectly. Now in the game I have the keys 1-5 mapped to attacks and what not so what I want to do is press S1 and have that macro passed in to the game and the game buttons 1 to 5 get pressed as it does in the macro. Does this make sense?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun May 26, 2013 12:54 pm

sambrokyl wrote:Ok I think we are at crossed wires here =)

I don't want to switch windows, I have other keys already assigned and working perfectly for that. I have configured a macro on the sidewinder that cycles through the number keys 1 to 5 with a delay between them. When I press the S1 key outside of the game, this executes perfectly. Now in the game I have the keys 1-5 mapped to attacks and what not so what I want to do is press S1 and have that macro passed in to the game and the game buttons 1 to 5 get pressed as it does in the macro. Does this make sense?

Okay... in that case native support for your device is irrelevant and you don't need an ISBoxer Hotkey for S1 at all.

Run the Sidewinder software as Administrator, and your Sidewinder software will then properly interact with programs running as Administrator. Because it does not run as Administrator by default, when you press S1 the device does not have access to send the keys to the game (that is running as Administrator) that you programmed in the Sidewinder software.

FAQ: Why are my custom keyboard/mouse buttons not working?
<<

sambrokyl

Post Sun May 26, 2013 2:44 pm

No it's not that, it was one of the first things I checked after reading the FAQ. All software is running as administrator.

edit - I would like to add that if I load up a single toon in EQ2 without the IS software then the S1 button will work. /shrug
<<

sambrokyl

Post Tue May 28, 2013 2:07 pm

After much wailing and nashing of teeth I uninstalled and reinstalled the IType software. Works now with no bindings as you indicated =)
Previous

Return to Multiboxing Hardware