FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

i7 CUP : Assigning for D3

Moderator: MiRai

<<

desonphu626

Post Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:24 am

i7 CUP : Assigning for D3

I have an ASUS G73 laptop, I7-2630QM 2.00GHZ, 8GB,nvidia GTX 460M 1.5GB, win7. when i run 2 clients seems good, but when i run 3 clients , it lags so bad....should i set my clients use

IE
client 1 core 1,3
client 2 core 5,7
client 3 core 2,4,5,6,7,8

or my laptop not good enough to run 3 clients :(

ps.. for diablo3, and i already upgraded all my drivers .

help me out plz... thank you!
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:47 am

Re: i7 CUP : Assigning for D3

I am familiar with the ASUS G73 as well as G74. I would say you should generally be fine running 3 (or 4) with the right settings...

Always pair EVEN CORES with ODD CORES with an i7; this should give you the best benefits of HyperThreading. For your CPU Strategy, probably any of the standard options are going to be fine. The default Round-robin will put you on 1,2 3,4 5,6 with the only problem being that you're not using your 4th core (7,8). You can alternatively try "All instances use all CPUs" and that will fully utilize all 4.

If it were me in your shoes, first I would double-check that my power setting in Windows is set to "High Performance" mode (as opposed to anything like Balanced, Power Saver, etc which degrade performance). Then I would check whether my bottleneck is CPU or GPU -- HOWTO: Tweak your framerate, Identifying framerate bottlenecks -- and start changing various quality settings for performance.

If you need more help, it will help us to have information from the "Identifying framerate bottlenecks" section of the howto I linked
<<

desonphu626

Post Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:54 pm

so here's my pic, still dont get it, not good at computers :(

thx lax
Attachments
monitor.jpg
monitor.jpg (188.32 KiB) Viewed 7210 times
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:23 pm

No problem :)

In your screenshot, the CPUs are hardly in use at the time of the screenshot -- 26.7% load -- and only about half in use at the most stressful time while you had the monitor running. So CPU does not seem to be the issue here.

Next up is Memory, it shows 49.7% load both at the current time, and maximum load at the most stressful time while you had the monitor running. So RAM is not an issue here.

Next on the list is GPU. Under Load, GPU Core is at 99.0% both at the current time, and at maximum load at the most stressful time while you had the monitor running. According to your screenshot, GPU is definitely, beyond any doubt, your bottleneck at this time.

Your best bet without replacing your laptop (although technically the GPU part is replaceable, good luck trying to find a replacement) is to reduce graphics quality settings inside the game as described in HOWTO: Tweak your framerate, In-game configuration. For example, if you have Anti-Aliasing/Multisampling enabled in any of the game windows, that is a very big performance penalty
<<

desonphu626

Post Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:08 pm

now i can able to run 3 clients , still little lag, but acceptable ! not like the lag before, cant even do nthing , ! thank you so much lax, your the best!!! :D :D :D

Return to Multiboxing Hardware