FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Computer for multiboxing

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Pokixd

Post Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:12 pm

Computer for multiboxing

Hi i'm thinking about buying a new computer for 5 boxing and later 10 boxing World of Warcraft. Is this machine strong enought for 5 or 10 boxing? And what fps/quality can i play with it?
Details:
Intel Core i7-3770K 3.9GHz turbo "Ivy Bridge" CPU
16Gb 1600MHz Corsair Vengeance DDR3 RAM
ASUS P8Z77-M motherboard PCI-E 3.0 , USB 3.0 , SATA-3
nVidia GeForce GTX 660 2gb DDR5
Samsung 830 128GB SATA-3 SSD drive
Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA-3 SSD 7200RPM HDD
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:38 pm

Re: Computer for multiboxing

First of all, there is a hardware sub-forum for hardware-related questions (I'm sure Lax will move the thread).

Pokixd wrote:Hi i'm thinking about buying a new computer for 5 boxing and later 10 boxing World of Warcraft. Is this machine strong enought for 5 or 10 boxing? And what fps/quality can i play with it?
It's impossible to give you an actual number. Will it be able to 10-box? Most likely (See below). Will you be able to use DX11 and the Ultra preset across all game clients for uber quality? No.

Are you going to be running Instant Swapping?
What resolution will you be running at?
What quality do you find acceptable?
What FPS do you find acceptable?
Do you prefer DX9 or DX11?
Do you regularly visit heavily populated areas?
Do you do 25-man raids?
Do you do 40-man raids?
Do you do large scale PvP?
Et cetera...

You don't have to answer those questions because they're just an example of how many factors come into play when asking "What FPS/quality can I play with it?" Everyone does so many different things when they play the game and because everyone has a different level of quality that they're content with, it's impossible to give an actual number.

As for the setup you have showing, I think the GTX 660 is going to be a little weak when it comes to 10-boxing depending on how high you want your video settings and I would probably bump it up to a GTX 670. Everything else is fine, but I don't see a PSU on that list.
<<

Pokixd

Post Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:03 pm

Hi thank you for your reply. The psu is CM Elite 500W. I'd play 5 box at around 30-40FPS with at least good settings and i would raid with that team. I can't tell about 10 boxing becouse it is just a plan in the future if 5 boxing goes well:D
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:45 pm

Pokixd wrote:The psu is CM Elite 500W.

If you're looking to overclock your system, then 500W may be cutting it close. Might want to go with a 600W or 650W PSU to leave room for any future upgrades to the system. nVidia recommends a PSU of with a wattage of at least 450W (system-wide) for the GTX 660. The minimum requirement goes up to 500W for a GTX 670.

Return to Multiboxing Hardware