FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

G-Series keyboard ?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Damsen

Post Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:59 am

G-Series keyboard ?

I am new so forgive me.....
I have a G510 keyboard, I am able to use the G1-G18 keys just fine for binds. Is there a way to get more options from the M2 (G1-G18) and M3 (G1-G18)?

Thanks
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:39 am

Re: G-Series keyboard ?

This is actually a common enough question/desire that I might just have to build additional fake buttons into Inner Space... I think that is the better idea here, but I will explain.

The M-keys are just buttons, no different from the G-Keys. They do have pretty lights on them. The M-Keys have special meaning when you use the Logitech Keyboard Profiler. Traditionally, with Inner Space/ISBoxer, you would set the M-Keys up with specifically the functions you want on them -- if you want hotkey banks like the Logitech profiler supports, that can be done by swapping out one Key Map for another for example. Setting that up is a bit involved, and probably confusing to most people.

I'm going over some ideas in my head though. I can do an Inner Space update of some sort to take care of this, I'll post back on this thread when I have something for you
<<

Damsen

Post Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:54 pm

Thanks Lax.. I will just have to be a bit more creative for now .

:)
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:58 am

Inner Space build 5404 adds support for different "Key Sets" on natively supported Input Devices. As of this post, this is currently the development build of Inner Space but should be pushed live within a couple days. To try the dev build, right click IS and select Patcher, check "Download development (test) patches" then close and restart Inner Space.

Once you're on IS build 5404 or later, ISBoxer 38.2.401.2 is available now and includes an Inner Space Input Device Editor window for editing Key Sets, and a new Input Device Key Set Action for switching Key Sets. See http://isboxer.com/wiki/ISBoxer_Releases for info on how to update manually (this update will likely be pushed this weekend or next week sometime; pushed updates give an update notice when you launch ISBoxer).

So.. in a nutshell, here's what you would do to duplicate the Logitech feature set:
Use the Input Device Editor to add additional Key Sets, e.g. named M2 and M3. You could also add M1, but there is a "default" key set and you can pretend that's M1. The default naming scheme, for your G510, would then add keys named "G510-G1#M1" and so on, available for use in any ISBoxer Hotkey box. Or if you prefer, you can make G19-G36, and so on (though the hash tag method should be a little easier to use, considering the real name of the button is still in there!). But, generally you would add just the G-keys, not the M-keys, to the Key Set. That will mean the M-keys retain the same behavior (and names) regardless of which Key Set is active.

Once the Key Sets are set up, use an Input Device Key Set Action in a Mapped Key to adjust which is active. For example, assign M1 to activate the default or M1 Key set, M2 to activate the M2 key set, and so on. The Light Action will indeed only work on the G11 and G15 models (i.e. not the G510, G13, etc), but I will expand that capability soon as well. So unfortunately you don't get the pretty lights yet on the G510, but you can use sounds, popup text, or even images on Click Bar buttons to help you track the states.

And you can have as many Key Sets as you want, activated on a per-window basis (as determined by the Target of the Key Set Action) by whichever combination of buttons you prefer ;)

I can provide further details on whatever is necessary, but hopefully the documentation is sufficient. Let me know!
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:36 pm

This is awesome. It even detects the buttons on my headphones.
<<

Swagems

Post Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:10 pm

Hello Lax
Hey have you figured out what it might take to get the g110 and g510 key boards M keys to light up .
see my g15 ver1 is starting to have a few Issue so im going to buy a new key board,but I like the way the key lights up when I use mouse and keyboard repeater .
Thanks

Return to Multiboxing Hardware