FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

rift low fps video card? Cpu? Hd?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

orm

Post Sat May 28, 2011 3:27 am

rift low fps video card? Cpu? Hd?

Hi,
I just upgraded my computer to a i7 processor. 6GB Ram. SSD. I installed my 8800 GTS 512. Win7x64

I'm recently 2 boxing Rift.
On my previous computer with the same video card I could only 2box rift at perhaps low on each of them. CPU seemed to be a the main bottleneck. With my new rig, CPU is barely taxed (maybe 1/3 ) with 2 clients, but the FPS is horrible. I was expecting it to be better.

With one client i can get 20fps at ultimate on rift and 40fps on minimum using default isboxer/innerspace rift settings.

I try 2 and at i'm at about 2 -5fps on each rig. I'm really surprised at the poor performance with the new box. Is the video card the big bottle neck?

Any suggestions?
Thanks much.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat May 28, 2011 9:28 am

Re: rift low fps video card? Cpu? Hd?

Between that video card and that CPU, sure the video card would probably be the bottleneck. Not that there's anything wrong with the 8800 (my multiboxing desktop still uses an 8800 GTX actually), it's just a couple of generations old and today's mid-range video cards are much more powerful.

If you haven't adjusted the CPU core selection per Slot in your Character Set yet, or perhaps if you assigned them incorrectly, fixing that could help. This post (sticky in the hardware forum, you might have already seen it) explains the i7 core numbering: http://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=4183#p4183

If CPU cores are NOT selected at all in ISBoxer (i.e. zero cores highlighted for a Slot), the game will be managing the CPU core selection. With RIFT in particular, this is a performance problem because it will end up forcing most of the work for every instance onto the first CPU core instead of spreading it around.
<<

orm

Post Sun May 29, 2011 8:49 pm

Re: rift low fps video card? Cpu? Hd?

i went with an affordable asus eah6850 AND it is working AWESOME. ultra in both clients, more than I need. very very happy and the 6850 was affordable compared to other options. :D :D

Return to Multiboxing Hardware