Moderator: MiRai

<<

journich

Post Tue May 24, 2011 8:44 am

Problems with my SteelSeries Cata Mouse

Hi again,

I have this mouse

http://steelseries.com/products/games/w ... ming-mouse

It's actually (for me anyway) proved awesome and I have all buttons configured and some macro's and all works well. That is until I launch Wow from inner space. Then none of the buttons work. Well the only ones that work are the "standard" mouse buttons, the rest seem to just get ignored. If I launch Wow without inner space all is fine.

So my question is, how do I get my mouse working again while using isBoxer. any ideas? I am very used to this mouse and do not want to get rid of it!

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Tim
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue May 24, 2011 9:06 am

Re: Problems with my SteelSeries Cata Mouse

Run the Steel Series software (SSEngine or whatever it is) as Administrator, and it should begin to work fine. Have fun :)
<<

journich

Post Tue May 24, 2011 6:00 pm

lax wrote:Run the Steel Series software (SSEngine or whatever it is) as Administrator, and it should begin to work fine. Have fun :)

thanks for responding. Why would that make a difference?

If I don't use ISBoxer it works fine. The way the software works is it does not have to be loaded once you have set it up. There are two options with the mouse, one to use it within WOW (where it is fully supported) or the other option it is just effectively a mouse with a ton of buttons. I configure it the second way and it works find (and is more powerful).

Like I said if I just boot into WOW it works fine. The only time it does not work is if I am using ISboxer.

Is the problem ISBoxer re-mapping the buttons somehow?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue May 24, 2011 6:38 pm

journich wrote:
lax wrote:Run the Steel Series software (SSEngine or whatever it is) as Administrator, and it should begin to work fine. Have fun :)

thanks for responding. Why would that make a difference?

If I don't use ISBoxer it works fine.

ISBoxer is running as Administrator, and Inner Space is running as Administrator. When Inner Space launches your game (WoW) it will also be running as Administrator. For any other program to access the running WoW while it is running as Administrator, such as the SSEngine in order to send a keystroke when you click, that program (SSEngine) will also need to run as Administrator. Similarly, if you were using Ventrilo, you would need to run Ventrilo as Administrator while playing with ISBoxer, in order for the Push to Talk hotkey to work.
<<

journich

Post Thu May 26, 2011 2:23 am

Thanks for your response, I'll give it a whirl when I get back from holidays next week.

Regards

Tim
<<

journich

Post Tue May 31, 2011 9:23 pm

Seems to be working fine now I have tested it.

Thanks!

Return to Multiboxing Hardware