FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

FANG Keyboard

Moderator: MiRai

<<

ooleyguy

Post Thu May 19, 2011 2:48 am

FANG Keyboard

When I pull up the input device dialog for the FANG keyboard through ISBoxer, it only has 18 buttons listed. There are (not including media buttons) 37 buttons. Can I edit the XML file to add those extra buttons or does it require a more complicated solution?
<<

ooleyguy

Post Thu May 19, 2011 5:37 am

Re: FANG Keyboard

Some further information:

When I use the buttontest.iss script, it recognizes that buttons are being pressed. However, when I use lavish.buttontester.exe, it only recognizes the media buttons being pressed.

Also, within ISBoxer, it recognizes key presses from the FANG, but it only recognizes them as the default key, not as what I have mapped in the ZEngine software.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu May 19, 2011 8:14 am

When I use the buttontest.iss script, it recognizes that buttons are being pressed. However, when I use lavish.buttontester.exe, it only recognizes the media buttons being pressed.

It recognizes that ________ buttons are being pressed? What buttons? If they are called "Button 1" and "Button 2" and so on, these buttons will not show up in ISBoxer until they are renamed (you can do this through ISBoxer's Input Device Editor window from the File menu). But that would be good news, just rename them all to FANG-1, through FANG-18 or whatever.

If it's normal keyboard keys, then your Fang most likely is like most input devices and emulates a keyboard and the buttons on it drive the emulated keyboard. Lavish.ButtonTester.exe will ignore such a keyboard. Media buttons are typically implemented with standardized media buttons without an emulated keyboard, so that's also expected.

So.. based on what you've told me about the FANG, here is my recommendations:
1. Make sure ZEngine is running as Administrator, first of all.
2. As far as pushing buttons in the game vs pushing buttons in ISBoxer Toolkit showing differently, ZEngine may be configured with application-specific profile switching (common in input device software, I haven't specifically used ZEngine). Look for and disable that
3. If there are "Button 1" through 18 or whatever, definitely change those names to FANG-1 through FANG-18 etc (or something simple and easy to recognize like that). This will allow their use in ISBoxer as Hotkeys.
3a. If those buttons don't work, or show up as both the button and keyboard buttons for buttontest.iss when you press one, use the ZEngine software to clear out the key assignment to the button. Some products make you select a special case in order to activate the special buttons or disable the additional behavior. For example the n52/n52TE make you select "DI Button" or "Direct Input Button" in order to turn on those buttons, while the Logitech G-series makes you select "Unassigned" to disable their additional (default) behavior.
<<

ooleyguy

Post Thu May 19, 2011 8:55 am

I hate computers. I'm not sure what happened, but ISBoxer toolkit is receiving the zEngine maps now.

Aha! I figured out what I did. I removed the trigger in the Edit Game EXE options. This turns the keymappings on for all applications.

Do this (plus run zEngine in admin just in case) and messing with editing the input device inside the toolkit isn't necessary.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu May 19, 2011 9:08 am

Cool. Glad you got it :)

Return to Multiboxing Hardware