FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[WoW] G13 thumb stick setup?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

olsondw

Post Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:59 pm

G13 thumb stick setup?

I'm trying to get the thumb stick to move my slaves in ISboxer. From reading post, I see ISboxer doesn't recognize the thumb stick movement directly, like it does with the G buttons. Here is what I have setup for the forward position:

1. G13 profile setup, to pass (Ctrl + Shift + Up / Ctrl)
2. ISBoxer mapped key, Hot Key (Ctrl + Shift + Up)
Step 1: Send W to All Other(slaves)

Export to Innerspace and test. Movement of the joystick does nothing, but if I push the hoykey (Ctrl + Shift + Up) all slaves move forward.

Any suggestions?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:20 pm

Re: G13 thumb stick setup?

Make sure you're running the Logitech Profiler software as Administrator, otherwise it can't send the keystrokes :)
<<

olsondw

Post Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:51 am

Thanks Lax.

I have it running as Admin but it's still not working. I'm thinking I have an issue with the G13/profile/driver, as it's not working with a single client or with ISBoxer.

ISBoxer does work with the buttons, just not the thumb stick.

I'll keep look.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:58 am

I have this G13 sitting next to me that I've been using for months... I've been meaning to add support for the thumb stick and the lights.

I'll see what I can do :)
<<

olsondw

Post Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:01 pm

That would be great, it would allow us to keep all the settings with ISBoxer.

I fixed my issue. After removing the G13 software and reinstalling it, I got it to work. Not sure if it was the profile or the drivers, but with the new install and the new profile, it's working. I just took the default WOW profile, disabled(unassigned) all the keys except the thumb stick. Changed the mapping of the thumb stick to Ctrl+Shift+arrows, then was able to use the hot keys I had setup to move the slaves.

Thanks for your support, ISBoxer a great tool.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:21 pm

G13 thumb stick support is now available as of Inner Space build 5397, currently a development build of Inner Space. New buttons from the thumb stick are G13-UP G13-DOWN G13-LEFT G13-RIGHT.

For anyone who wants to use the new built-in support for the thumbstick and finally stop using the Logitech profiler for their G13, just get on Inner Space build 5397, restart Inner Space and then restart ISBoxer, and the new names should be available in your list. To check your Inner Space build number, hover your cursor over the IS icon in the system tray (notification area). 5395 is currently the live (non-dev) build as of this post. To try the dev build, right click IS and select Patcher, check "Download development (test) patches" then close and restart Inner Space

Return to Multiboxing Hardware