Post Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:59 am

Quad boxing D3 with 8 gigs and running out of memory?

Over the last week I started to get the windows error that memory is running low and I should close 1 instance of D3. So I started looking a memory amounts.

When I enter town With all 4 chars each program is using 800 megs(2.4 gigs), 4.5 gig total in use,1.1 gig stand by, 2.5 gig free. The free memory will slowly be used up by around 3 megs every 5 sec if I am not moving.

When I start moving the rate speeds up and in like 20 or 30 mins all the memory is in use and I get a error message or 1 or more of the D3 programs crashes and disappears.

At first I though it had something to do with the patch and the large mpq files. I had 5 of the 12480.mpq files. I tried running the large mpqs of my sd card to free up hd space but it did not change anything. Changed video drivers nothing there. So I did a clean install, antivirus, isboxer and d3 thats it and still get the same problem. All drivers are current.

When I started quad boxing monks months ago I ran in 1680x1080 at 25 FPS lowest settings and never had a problem. A couple weeks ago I switched chars to a DH and 3 WD. They do a lot of aoe so I lowered the settings to 1280x720 at 25 fps and low settings.

I am running 1 monitor with the 1 large top window and 3 smaller ones on the bottom. I also tried other window configs and get he same problem.

My Specs

i7-740
8 gig 1333
60 gig f60 ssd
5850m
win 7 pro 6

http://www.privatepaste.com/bcfb1932ea

Any ideas on where to start would be great.

Thanks