Movement Issue

Moderator: MiRai

<<

shifty01

Post Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:56 am

Movement Issue

Game : Warhammer Online
2 clients on 1 PC

Let me begin by saying, I am completely new to Dual/multi boxing and really finding my way, so any positive help would be fantastic.

Ok so I have used the set up wizard and can launch fine, my characters and character set are done and everything is exported to IS.
The issue I am having is movement, both toons seem to want to move away from one another in a kind of \ / shape, and I am finding it impossible to restablish any formation for them once I have lost it.
I was hoping to run both toons movemtment in mirror of one another, I have tried blacklisting the wasd keys and setting up a target/follow/assist macro which works good for general travel purpose but is ineffective for combat due to one toon lagging ( follow distance is to much for effective combat) behind and not having range for skills/abilities etc.
Also it seems that when using the wasd keys to control both toons movement the slave seems to move a moment after the primary, which again causes movement to shift out of sync.

Also the whole flying V formation stuff in ISboxer how do you set it up or is it only for WoW?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:41 am

Re: Movement Issue

1. You can't, absolutely can't, move together by broadcasting your movement keys or mouse. Your characters would have to be facing *precisely* the same direction to even move forward together. In order to move together, you have to lead with one character and the rest must use the game's auto-follow feature. This goes for every game.

2. As per #1, you won't be able to move around while in the formation. Even if you get moving forward synchronized (by facing precisely the same direction), they won't be in a V facing forward anymore when you turn ;) Doing so would require them to turn at different rates. Formations are most useful for pre-combat setup (say you have an encounter you need to spread out for) or entertaining friends.
<<

shifty01

Post Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:07 am

Ok thanks.

So in essensce I can run on follow and then hit a formation from a predeifned macro, to better set me up for combat?
Which sounds workable, If not perfect.
So the next issue is and take into consideration I am new to this how the hell do I get the formations to work with Warhammer online?

If anyone has a configuration to help me gert the rolling it would be great.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:50 am

As far as making formations work, the formations are generated assuming movement keys WASD with strafing left/right being Q and E. This is default in many games.

If these do not match your Warhammer configuration, you can adjust the formation mapped keys in ISBoxer to use your movement keys:
1. In the top pane, under Key Maps, select Non-combat.
2. You should then see 3 formation mappings in the list on the bottom left. Expand each of them so you see Steps, along with 1 and 2 under most of them (Star only has 1 step)
3. Select each of the step numbers, and then on the right you will see things like S -> 2, Q -> 2, S -> 3, E -> 3, and so on. This is what key is sent to what window. Window 2 gets S and Q, which is backwards and strafe left. Window 3 gets S and E, which is backwards and strafe right. (for flying V). Change any W to your move forward, A to your turn left, S to your move backward, D to your turn right, Q to your strafe left and E to your strafe right.
4. Export.

To use formations you can flip on the formations click bar via Ctrl+Shift+Alt+F. There's an icon for each of the default formations, the ones with 2 steps you click and hold twice (same amount of time or so on each click), the one with one step you click and hold once.

Return to Warhammer Online