FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[WAR]Newbie on ISBoxer, need Help

Moderator: MiRai

<<

WARwaaagh

Post Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:26 am

[WAR]Newbie on ISBoxer, need Help

Hi,

I'm new to ISBoxer, I got many things need to sort out, and I just had 6 more days to trial.

I's used single monitor at the moment, I had other old 19" LCD, because I dont have the adapter to convert the DVI - VGA, but I will get 1 tomorrow. I'd installed Inner Space and ISBoxer softwares, and they are worked perfect; I'd build up a character sets and launch the game with Inner Space, it was nice. But I got some problems, or maybe I had mis-understand some video guides about How-To, so I need to ask how to do it. And there is not much forum talk about Warhammer online.

I had 4 trail accounts for Warhammer Online. When I launch the game, all 4 characters just run around by them self, even I had setep auto-follow; It wasn't like your basic video guide that all characters had stick in 1. ANd I really no idea how to setup the formation and key maps.

Is any way or possible you can give me a quick video guide for Warhammer Online? Or show me a How-To guide? Than I can learn how to setup in this shortly trial?

By the way, my video card is GTX590, do I need to disable SLI ? I was tried on ISBoxer, even on high graphic setting, everythings all fine.

Any possible can fit my problem will be very appreciate it!
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:55 am

Re: [WAR]Newbie on ISBoxer, need Help

all 4 characters just run around by them self, even I had setep auto-follow

Turn off Broadcasting mode (Shift+Alt+R); see FAQ: Why do my toons move in different directions?

ANd I really no idea how to setup the formation

Formations are already set up, the only thing you might have to do is tell ISBoxer what buttons you press to move forward, backward, strafe left and strafe right. This is explained under Common modifications: Formations. It might be helpful to understand that you will not be moving around in formation; these are strictly for entertainment and the ability to spread your characters apart from each other, when such a thing might be necessary. When you start to move, your formation will dissipate.

and key maps

Key Maps are usually pretty simple, and the Mapped Key Wizard should pretty much set you straight. This section Common modifications: The game's Action Bars explains basically what to do.

Say you want to set it up so that buttons 1 through = get sent to all windows when you press them. To get that, you pick the Mapped Key Wizard from the wizards menu. Then you pick what Key Map to put it in (e.g. "Combat"). Then you pick what kind of Mapped Key to set up -- "Straight Key Broadcast" is the simplest option, I'll go with that for now. On the next page you hit all the keys you want to set up "Straight Key Broadcast" for in a "press keys here" box, so you'd press 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 - =. The other options by default are already set up to send our keys to all windows, so just click Finish.

That's it. After you Export to Inner Space, you can use those Hotkeys in any of the game windows and they will send to all windows. :)

By the way, my video card is GTX590, do I need to disable SLI ? I was tried on ISBoxer, even on high graphic setting, everythings all fine.

If everything is running fine for you, then no you do not need to disable SLI. You would only want to change your SLI configuration if it is not performing how you would like it to.
<<

WARwaaagh

Post Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:17 am

Hi Lax,

Thz for the advices! I think I done the kep maps and formation. Other problem, how to control all charts attack same target on same time? And how to change attk time in combat mode? now I made 2 charts for trial, the 2nd toon action was late than main toon about 1-2sec. How to settup as same time take action?

Thz!
<<

WARwaaagh

Post Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:10 am

Hi Iax,

sorry about wrong name at last message :D I've forgot addon the lag issue at trial. If I got lagy, like 2 charts was stick in 1,but few mins walk, they run to diffenence direction. And I need to rest the formation keymaps by "Ctrl+Shift+Alt+F"; and this hot key only set to backward, not forward. So after few steps reset, I tried again, and the same problem shown up again. I think it's about lagy. I'm living Asutralia, I playing Warhammer Online some times got lagy too, specail at weekend. And is any difference when I control mouse or keyboard by WSAD keys to forward,backward,left, and right?

In Warhammer Online, there is not such ISBoxer addon on it. SO those auto-invite by "Shift+Alt+I" and auto-follow by "Alt+F" didn't work. My trail finish at this Saturday, acturally I really like this software, but my main MMORPG is Warhammer Online, if I can figure out these problems, I can't get the annul subscription.
But I had saw 1 ppl in game, he was playing other realm very good on multiboxer. I wish I can too :? .

Thz!
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:43 am

sorry about wrong name at last message :D I've forgot addon the lag issue at trial. If I got lagy, like 2 charts was stick in 1,but few mins walk, they run to diffenence direction. And I need to rest the formation keymaps by "Ctrl+Shift+Alt+F"; and this hot key only set to backward, not forward. So after few steps reset, I tried again, and the same problem shown up again. I think it's about lagy. I'm living Asutralia, I playing Warhammer Online some times got lagy too, specail at weekend. And is any difference when I control mouse or keyboard by WSAD keys to forward,backward,left, and right?

Turn Broadcasting mode off. See Why do my toons move in different directions?

You can't move around in formations because your characters will move in different directions, and in order to remain in formation and turn, each character may have to turn at different rates (ask a pilot how simple it is to fly in formation). You have to move your guys together with Auto-Follow in this kind of game.

In Warhammer Online, there is not such ISBoxer addon on it. SO those auto-invite by "Shift+Alt+I" and auto-follow by "Alt+F" didn't work. My trail finish at this Saturday, acturally I really like this software, but my main MMORPG is Warhammer Online, if I can figure out these problems, I can't get the annul subscription.

The ONLY game that we provide an Addon for is World of Warcraft. Zero other games that ISBoxer users play have this capability. The non-World of Warcraft Quick Start Guides do not reference anything about Shift+Alt+I for invite and Auto-Follow with Alt+F, that is exclusively a World of Warcraft thing.

For any other game including Warhammer Online, if you want follow and assist from any window, see Common modifications: The game's Key Bindings which also has a helpful video.
<<

WARwaaagh

Post Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:06 am

Hi Lax,

Appreciate the last reply! Couple quick questions here, I finally figure out how to used auto-follow. But was it just setup on main, or even slave need too? When I turn off repeater and keep key maps on, its only the main keep moving, slave not move; So I re-on repeater, they both start move, but getting to difference direction. So is it something wrong or somewhere wrong? I had attached my swtor dual xml file up here. Please help me take a look. All kepmaps was follow on default SWTOR game setup, couple was change on mouse buttons. It was perfect on combat, but movement still not quit soo well on follow, specially on direction. I'm pretty sure I did something wrong, but don't know which part its.

Any helps will be very grateful and appreciate!
Last edited by WARwaaagh on Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

WARwaaagh

Post Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:19 am

I'm so sorry mate! Wrong xml file was sent out. re-send the right file to you. Please trash the old file. Ta!
Attachments
swtor dual trial.xml
(186.64 KiB) Downloaded 1394 times

Return to Warhammer Online