FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Key Maps, again..

Moderator: MiRai

<<

ANPres

Post Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:34 am

Key Maps, again..

There seems to be some recurring issue with character switching w/ the program keys.
(i.e., Alt-F4 won't switch to different toon, Alt-F3 works, Alt-F5 fine, Alt-F4, nothing.)

I've patched with the beta, 6254, (if that's the latest beta) and was running previous when it showed up. (What, 6245?).
I'm trying to find the previous version so I can download the last one that worked.

But something keeps popping up that's causing this problem. It's recurring.

Thank you.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:42 am

Re: Key Maps, again..

As a general rule, ALT+F4 is a really bad choice for any kind of hotkey, because Windows usually grabs it and closes the active window. The few times I've set it up, I've tended to remember very quickly why I never used it - because it is a Windows global hotkey.

In other words, I'm damn surprised it worked in the first place, but there is nothing in InnerSpace/ISBoxer which makes it work/not work. It's more be a question of what the Windows registration of the hotkey is doing, and whether ISBoxer is managing to overwrite it, or not.
<<

ANPres

Post Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:59 am

Re: Key Maps, again..

Sorry, but incorrect. I have to use my ALT-F keys, cause I've run out of everything else and it's always worked.. for years.
Last several patches tho, have thrown it off, last time, I think it was ALT-Numb 2 and 3.
I downgraded to 6233 and it's back working again.

Thank you, tho.

bob wrote:As a general rule, ALT+F4 is a really bad choice for any kind of hotkey, because Windows usually grabs it and closes the active window. The few times I've set it up, I've tended to remember very quickly why I never used it - because it is a Windows global hotkey.

In other words, I'm damn surprised it worked in the first place, but there is nothing in InnerSpace/ISBoxer which makes it work/not work. It's more be a question of what the Windows registration of the hotkey is doing, and whether ISBoxer is managing to overwrite it, or not.

Return to Star Wars Galaxies