FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Mouse Look sticking

Moderator: MiRai

<<

SloppyFloppy

Post Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:08 pm

Mouse Look sticking

I'm having trouble with Mouse Look in SWG. The mouse seems to get stuck moving left-right but up-down is perfectly smooth. It makes it hard to turn the character. If I press alt to go into Mouse Pointer mode, it has no problems moving the cursor around the screen but Mouse Look seems to be having problems with the x axis. If I keep moving the mouse eventually it starts moving on the x axis again but then gets stuck after turning a bit.

Playing the client without launching through Innerspace works normally.

Here's a video of me starting out in Mouse Pointer mode and then trying to rotate in Mouse Look mode (fps mode) which gets caught up only when turning left or right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5AKu_CHVC4
<<

SloppyFloppy

Post Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:56 am

Re: Mouse Look sticking

It works fine in WIn7. Any info needed to help fix it in win10?
<<

Ridosaw

ISBoxer Support Team

Post Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:34 am

Has anyone else been able to solve this issue.

I am having the same issue with the x axis of the mouse not having freedom of movement. The y axis works fine.

I have tested isboxer with this on Window 7 and Windows 10 and the problem exists on both.

Game works fine on its own, as soon as isboxer has control of the game window this problem is present.

Could someone please look in to this issue.

Ridosaw
<<

SloppyFloppy

Post Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:36 am

No, it still persists. This game prob doesn't have enough innerspace subscribers to devote time to fix.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:41 am

Actually I think it was answered here.

Also, IIRC, part of the issue is the mouse interface driver that is used in SWG is quite old, and has a bug or two in the older (and even the "current") versions. I think Lax said he would look at a workaround or two, but it is possibly is not a high priority.
<<

Ridosaw

ISBoxer Support Team

Post Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:23 am

Well It is possible to Multibox the game while using Isboxer. You just cant use the x axis for the mouse. You can use the arrow keys or set the "a" key and "s" for the x axis instead.
However this is a whole new learning curve to get used to in a 3d game.

Also it is embarrassing for me since I stream my multibox gameplay and promote isboxer in my stream. Viewers will ask why my character movement looks strange when I play SWG.
I have to explain isboxer cant utilize a mouse x axis in swg.

Curious though, Isn't Everquest the same game engine and processes involved? From what I know everything with Everquest works well with Isboxer? Also back before Sony dropped SWG isboxer worked with SWG?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:56 am

I did receive your e-mail Ridosaw, and now that I am officially back I can take a peek at things like this

Curious though, Isn't Everquest the same game engine and processes involved? From what I know everything with Everquest works well with Isboxer? Also back before Sony dropped SWG isboxer worked with SWG?

It's not quite the same, no. ISBoxer may have worked the same with SWG before as it does now.

The best suggestion I have at the moment is to try setting the game to a different windowed mode setting. It may work correctly in one of the modes.
<<

Ridosaw

ISBoxer Support Team

Post Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:13 pm

FWIW,

I believe I've done all I can on my end to try to fix or workaround this x axis issue.
Here's what I've done:

SWG's window mode settings is done through an outside configuration utility that is located in the game folder as a separate application. This application just edits the options.cfg file in the root game folder.
So I just edited this file directly by toggling options on and off with 1 or 0.
I've tried every possible scenario with these options, including toggling Window Mode, V-sync, and Hardware mouse cursor. I tried every different resolution setting as well. Issue is present with all setting scenarios through the options.cfg file.

I've launched SWG with IsBoxer on 2 different PC's and a laptop. So different mice was used and a touchpad. Issue is present across all 3.
I've launched SWG with IsBoxer on both Windows 7 and Windows 10. Issue is present on both OS's.
I've tried it across multiple monitor setups as well as only having a single monitor hooked up.
I've tried it on different aspect ratio monitors such as 4:3 and 10:9
I've tried different refresh rates
I've tried every affinity scenario I could muster
I've tried using no Windows Layout in IsBoxer.
I've tried using different Windows Layouts in IsBoxer.
I've tried different compatibility modes in windows OS.
I've tried running all as Admin and not as Admin.
I've tried toggling different settings in the IsBoxer profile such as, Make Game Believe it's Foreground Window, Prevent IsBoxer From Forcing the Game into Windowed Mode, Disable Vertical Sync.
I've tried changing settings in InnerSpace such as disabling DX8 and 9. This created more issues as it disabled IsBoxers control.
I've tried using different versions of SWG from its beginning release to its last release.
I've tried changing global settings in the Nvidia Control Panel as well

The x axis issue remained through all of this. I have exhausted all options I have available to me, that I could think of.

Hope this helps

Ridosaw
<<

SloppyFloppy

Post Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:41 pm

It only bugs out on Win10 for me. I haven't tried 8 but 7 works fine.
<<

Ridosaw

ISBoxer Support Team

Post Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:18 am

SloppyFloppy wrote:It only bugs out on Win10 for me. I haven't tried 8 but 7 works fine.

I wonder what is different with your Windows 7 from mine? Any ideas?

Sloppyfloppy what video card are you running in your Windows 7 pc?

Ridosaw
Next

Return to Star Wars Galaxies