FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

SWG/ISBoxer Issue(s)

Moderator: MiRai

<<

rol3n

Post Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:13 pm

SWG/ISBoxer Issue(s)

Ok so I've always loved to multibox. I've done it on most games I could. But I've never used any programs, just alt tabbed or set up macros on different gamepads/programmable keyboards.

So I have finally decided to take the plunge into Innerspace; so far, I'm just drowning and freezing my little ones off. I've ran into a plethora of issues and genuinely hope these issues can be resolved soonish so I can begin to multibox better than ever. (Note: I almost have to have this type of program with SWG since it takes like 8 seconds to alt-tab for some ungodly reason.)

Now the issues. I've set everything up the way all of the forums posts i've read over the last couple of days have said to. That means I've literally tried about 12-15 different ways of doing this. So by this point, I at least know my way around innerspace/isboxer a tiny bit.

First, I originally downloaded SWG through Steam. Liked it so much I got 2 more accounts. Then decided to use ISBoxer/Innerspace since I'd heard so many great things about it and was infinitely impressed by the videos of its functionality. So after trying and failing several times with the original SWG LaunchPad.exe I read that I should get the Station Launcher and use that instead. So I tried that. Then after more problems I read that I should set each account to its own install folder. That meant I had to redownload from sony the game I already had downloaded so the staion launcher would work, then I had to copy that SWG folder twice. So now I'm using 24 gigs for a 6gig game. Not that that is really a strain on my 3TB drive, but one day it will be a problem.

After a bunch of rigamarole, I finally get the game to launch through innerspace. I have already set up my profile for my 2 characters. Have them set to log in 30 seconds apart. I've got each of them their own individual hotkey. I've set their swap key. I've set the ingame innerspace gui and console hotkeys.

So after the game launched that first time, I thought I'd done it. This was shattered 30 seconds later when the second instance of the game never launched. Never did anything. I've got it set so the station launcher exits after game launch as well. So then I decide to launch it again, since i've already got one instance running with a hotkey of (Ctrl + Alt + 1). Launch the second instance, get a name of is2 with a hotkey of (Ctrl + Alt + 2). So now I think I'm cooking once more. Get in the game, the hotkey to swap does not work. The original hotkeys I had set up do not work. The gui key doesn't work. The console key doesn't work. The swap key doesn't work. Nothing works that I've set up.

So I spent another whole day poring the web to try to figure out what was wrong; in that time I tried every possible combination of ctrl/alt/shift and some other key for each of the hokeys I had already set. All to no avail.

So at this point I have the amazing ISBoxer Suite... And can't do a d*** thing with it. The second instance refuses to launch. I've even set up 5 additional profiles and tried the same thing changing hotkeys, changing settings, changing every possible thing out there, and it still does not work.

So what do you guys need to help me?

EDIT: I also have already put in the user.cfg file. I have no problem running more than one copy of the game at a time. It's just innerspace that won't launch the second one for whatever reason.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:58 pm

Re: SWG/ISBoxer Issue(s)

Honestly you should have come to me a lot sooner, like if it didn't work for you the first time. I haven't personally tried it through Steam (and if it needs to be launched through Steam it might not work through Inner Space) but any of the other SOE launchers should work fine.

The most common reason why only one character would launch is if you have selected a Game Profile from the Inner Space menu, rather than a Character Set. This will launch exactly one window at a time, and it won't be linked in any way to any of your ISBoxer configuration. So first, make sure you're selecting your team from the ISBoxer Character Sets sub-menu, rather than selecting something like "SWG Default Profile" from the SWG submenu in IS.

If that's not the problem, then to figure out what is going wrong wrong in launching, you want to open the main Inner Space console (not the in-game one). There's a screenshot on the linked page that shows basically what the console will show when you start launching your team, and there's instructions on how to copy text from the console to paste here. That's the next step is launch your team and get me the last, say, 5-7 lines from the console (or more if it looks important; if it says something about Endscript 'isboxer' not found, that one is normal).
<<

rol3n

Post Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:30 pm

Ok I wasn't using the character set. I did that, the first character launched into a window that took up the upper 2/3 of my desktop, 30 seconds later, second one launched, and went into fullscreen game mode. In the second instance, I could use the hotkey i set up to switch to the first instance. However I couldn't then switch back to the second instance from the first instance. The second instance allowed no mouse clicks. The first window did. I have them set up as single display swapping.

So now Situation 1 has been resolved, but has led us to Situation 2. I appreciate your timely response to the first message, and look forward to getting ISB working perfectly as it has all of the features I want.

EDIT: Both Instances were named correctly as in they showed the correct character name on the related instance name. is1 was the first char I set up and is2 was the 2nd one. Both launched fine, but first one like i said was not fullscreen, it was only 2/3 of my screen.

EDIT 2: Successfully executed '"C:\ProgramData\Sony Online Entertainment\Station
Launcher\StationLauncher.exe" --game SWG'.
Session launched (is1): "C:/ProgramData/Sony Online Entertainment/Installed Games/Star War
Galaxies/SwgClient_r.exe"
| 17:15:46 ISBoxer: Launching Slot 2 Character 'Hailakka'
Successfully executed '"C:\ProgramData\Sony Online Entertainment\Station
Launcher\StationLauncher.exe" --game SWG'.
| 17:15:46 ISBoxer: Character Set 'Biffeeks' launched
| 17:15:46 ISBoxer: Instructions completed.
|
\====================================================
Session launched (is2): "C:/ProgramData/Sony Online Entertainment/Installed Games/Star War
Galaxies/SwgClient_r.exe"
<<

rol3n

Post Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:45 pm

One additional thing. When I'm in window 1 and use hotkey to swap to 2nd char, the 2nd chars window highlights at the bottom but doesn't activate. So I click on the 2nd window, and then the mouse gets locked in the top of the screen. It does not switch to the game screen, but rather the mouse locks in the uppper left corner of whatever you see on your desktop. If I press Alt, I can then move the mouse (this is SWG's unlock mouse command). Only when I alt-tab to that window does it open. Once in there, I can swap back to window one just fine, but at that point the problem starts all over again. If i do this twice, then it no longer accepts any interspace hotkeys.
<<

rol3n

Post Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:01 am

Ok I finally got both windows fullsized by resizing the window regions. However I still am unable to mouse click in the 2nd window (not even in the isboxer UI). Also if I am in the first copy, and try to use the hotkey it still targets the 2nd window but it dosen't pull it up. Also if I alt-tab to it, it doesn't work the first time, but rather changes the icon in alt-tab from what appears to be the normal copy of the game icon while running to the ISBoxer icon with the -is# (xxx + xxx + x) <Name>- picture. The second time, where you can see the icon change, it switches to the appropriate character.

In the second copy of the game, I can use the keyboard hotkey to swap to the first copy, takes about 1.5-2 seconds, which is much faster than the nearly 9 second alt-tab time i have with SWG currently, but still not "instant". I also cannot do mouse-clicks of any kind, although keyboard commands work perfectly fine, as well as the ability to look around with the mouse, i just can't click on anything in the screen. except the "Toggles" Maximize and Exit buttons.

When I alt-tab, the first copy shows as an actual in game picture. The second copy at first shows a white icon like the normal game icon until I alt-tab to it, whereupon it changes to the above mentioned icon.

This is preventing me from setting up video fx at which point i wouldn't ever need to switch to the other acct as I can put the 2nd chars char panel on the first characters window and just click it to target the 2nd character then fire off a couple macros from my gamepad. I will also put the 2nd chars hotbar on the first screen as well. But as of right now I can't do that because I can't get any clicks on the 2nd window.
<<

rol3n

Post Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:41 pm

Still in need of help. I've activated the mouse-through feature on my first account which enabled me to click in the second window, but it also had the side effect of every time i moved the mouse on my main, the alt would move/turn click as well. This is not what I wanted.

Maybe I should just explain exactly what I want? I want to use ISBoxer the way it was shown to me it could be used before I purchased it. And I want things to work. The way they say they are supposed to work. When I change a setting in the profile, and it does absolutely nothing ingame even though "Configuration exported to Innerspace successfully." shows up every time. And I am now correctly loading, and getting both accts to work, but ISBoxer isn't working as claimed.

Now although one would think that if I have had this many issues with a program in 3 days or so that there simply are issues with the program that haven't been resolved. Or I'm just that stupid. I assure you the latter part isn't the case. So I'm inclined to believe that this awesome program just has a very counterintuitive feel to its UI and commands. I've read every related post in the forums, as many of them had tiny clues as to what I should be doing, but nothing has worked. It was suggested that the reason I could not click in the second window was due to a resolution mismatch.

Nowhere have I gotten help. I was even in the chat room for over 6 hours last night (I'm a night owl), not one of the questions i put in were answered, not last night nor today. I stayed logged in and could clearly see who else was logged in for that period of time. Finally closed out of it sometime this morning as it was not getting me anywhere. And once i started seeing all these other people that were getting answers and I'd waited all night and the same people had been logged in that entire time that were answering the questions this morning, I became a tiny bit peeved.

I want to be able to hit a hotkey and go to my 2nd character. I want this hotkey to work as intended. Not be buggy as crap. I want my global character set hotkey to work. It does nothing in game. Only one of the 2 individual character hotkeys I have set work. I'm having to do some crazy "workaround" to even get normal mouse clicks in a window. By sending at all times what I'm doing on the mouse on my main. This is dumb. I should be able to just click in the second window no problem. The fact that Innerspace does not allow this for whatever ungodly reason is infinitely beyond me.

I tried last night for hours to set up video feeds. Did it exactly as described in several of the videos I found on youtube. Soon as I make my source, and then make my viewer (all have same name, done in the appropriate window @ the appropriate size, and whereas on the video as soon as someone added the viewer, it immediately showed the picture. Mine only shows up for a brief second as I alt-tab to the character, then it goes either to a completely white block, or a completely transparent green block, or any shade between the 2 depending on the opacity settings. None of these settings show anything at all when that character actually becomes active other than what is mentioned above.

If i can't do the character swapping on one display using hotkeys, then I would love to be able to do the PiP option. Tried setting that up too, the second window was always fullscreen even though I had it set to a particular area, small size, in a corner of my main window. Profile exported successully, profile set up exactly as outlined on the webhelp page about regions/reset/swap groups etc. Also, when I use the "run autolayout" in game? I get an error message in the console saying its failed. Same with "run windowsnapper".

Now I could go on as I have several more issues that are just mindboggingly frustrating for me because this program has incredible potential, it just seems that its accessibility is extremely limited or just simply finnicky in its disposition. Or it hates me.

Can anyone at all help me? This isn't just one small single point problem, this is massive amounts of features not working as intended even when set up verbatim to all of these different videos I watched. Each video there would come a point where I would do exactly what was done on screen, but MINE DIDN'T WORK AS SHOWN IN THE VIDEO. Or it errored out on me.

Thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time to read this and is able potentially to offer any assistance.

Dreadfully lost and confuzzled, but hopeful yet.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:58 pm

Hi. I'm probably the only one that can help you with this issue. I'm just a guy, if you're going to get all up on my case that I wasn't available at 2-3am and couldn't be around all night to respond to your additional posts on the forums then I am quite happy to provide you with a refund. I have a wife and two kids and I can only spend so many hours per day manning the battlestations here...

With that said... I completely understand your frustration in trying to get this taken care of, and I do try to help people as soon as I can. I hope that is apparent.

Now to your post. I'm not sure where you got the idea that you would want to run autolayout or windowsnapper (neither of which have been distributed with ISBoxer for a while). Perhaps you could link it to me and if it doesn't already have a big sign on it that says it's old and useless information, maybe I can put one on it.

I'm having to do some crazy "workaround" to even get normal mouse clicks in a window. By sending at all times what I'm doing on the mouse on my main. This is dumb.

I agree, that is dumb. To be fair though, nobody suggested that dumb workaround.

I should be able to just click in the second window no problem. The fact that Innerspace does not allow this for whatever ungodly reason is infinitely beyond me.

Sounds like what we in the business call a "bug". I will have to look into it, apparently, now that a problem has been reported. Inner Space has to handle many different styles of input for various games, and each game has its own unique quirks. To add to the fun, fixing things for one game often breaks something for another game.

What I would check regarding this -- and if you already try this and somehow I'm missing that you said you did, I apologize, don't taze me bro -- is the game's Windowed Mode setting. There may be drastically different behavior if the game is in windowed mode and knows it is in windowed mode, versus if the game is in windowed mode but thinks it is actually in full screen mode. ISBoxer will put the game in windowed mode either way, so try changing it. (you may need to restart the game after changing this, or other graphics reset-inducing settings in this or other games)

I tried last night for hours to set up video feeds. Did it exactly as described in several of the videos I found on youtube. Soon as I make my source, and then make my viewer (all have same name, done in the appropriate window @ the appropriate size, and whereas on the video as soon as someoneadded the viewer, it immediately showed the picture. Mine only shows up for a brief second as I alt-tab to the character, then it goes either to a completely white block, or a completely transparent block, or any shade between the 2 depending on the opacity settings. None of these settings show anything at all when that character actually becomes active other than what is mentioned above.

If you are not using Windows Vista or later, or you do not have Aero enabled, then Video FX will not work. You would still be able to create them, and something may show up in the game, but video FX viewers will not show the picture. What you're saying sounds to me like you are either not using Vista or later, or you have Aero disabled in Windows. If you are using Vista or later, make sure you have Aero enabled.

Now I could go on as I have several more issues that are just mindboggingly frustrating for me

Please explain all of the issues you want help with. The more to the point your questions are, the quicker you'll get responses though. I can tell you want things to work but a lot of the explanations are mostly just voicing your frustration and it's making me take longer to read and respond to the post than if it were, say, a numbered list of 5 problems you are having that you want help with, followed by a paragraph saying that you are getting frustrated, you think some things are counter-intuitive, you hate the ui and it hates you. I don't even know if I addressed all of your questions. ;)
<<

rol3n

Post Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:55 am

Lax, you're absolutely right. I am a bit crazy. Seriously. As in I draw a check. I tend to get all out of whack about things sometimes. But I was able to figure out a way to get things working (even if the functionality isn't what it could be). Using the repeater profiles I am able to have my 2nd toon on follow, use the abilities on their bar in addition to the ones on my main. At the same time. So it is playable. ISBoxer isn't completely horrid. I'm just having a few problems with it.

I've listed some of them already, but here's the most up-to-date list.

1. No matter how many profiles I've set up, or how many different hotkeys I set for the second window/instance of IS, I can not switch to it from the first window. When I activate the respective hotkey, it highlights the is2 button at the bottom, but does not activate it. I actually have to alt-tab to it or click on it. If I click on the button, I have to do it twice. So I'm currently only really able to alt-tab between instances of IS although the hotkey i made for the first instance works perfectly from the second window.

2. I have Windows Vista, and Windows Aero is enabled. I am able to see the image from the source on the viewer character for a very tiny brief second when I switch to that character, but once the character is actually activated it goes to whatever opacity setting is set and you can see nothing from the source window, just shades from transparent green to solid white. But it does show up for the tiniest of seconds in the appropriate screen when that screen is first selected.

3. No matter what size I make the second window in the window layouts options, it is always fullscreen. I can resize the first window with no issues but it doesn't do the picture in a picture even when its set to always on top.

So pretty much I can use ISBoxer to a small degree of its listed functionality; I'm just looking for a better experience.

And Lax, I genuinely apologize for my harsh tone, your product is an excellent one overall, but I would be inclined to give it a much better review were I actually able to use some of the amazing features that impressed me so greatly and caused me to purchase ISBoxer Suite.

As far as the windowsnapper/autolayout stuff? I got that straight out of the help pages on the ISBoxer site in i believe the guides section. That's why i was so confused that it didn't work. I personally didn't see or notice a disclaimer saying "This information is no longer up to date." This does not mean it wasn't there. (I have looked today, and can't seem to find it but it was on one of the pages about window layouts, because thats the only page I found good info about window layouts, and it was on the ISBoxer site. Unfortunately, apparently, it was outdated.

I also noticed that SWG isn't exactly on the "totally supported list" so I'm just happy I'm able to use the features I am using currently. At least with what I have now, it is totally playable, does not have an 8 second alt-tab time, and combat is much easier with 2 chars and assists etc.

So thanks for providing me with a solution for the problem I faced when I initially purchased, now I look forward to potentially unlocking more of the features I would like to be able to use.

Anything in particular I can do to help this process out? Any error reports or anything I might be able to run?

P.S. At the risk of sounding like a complete smartass once more, what exactly should I have done about the mouse clicks that weren't working in the second window? At least with SWG, i was able to turn off chase cam, and put 2nd char on follow, and disengage certain keys with the blacklist like w.a.s.d. This fix is functional atm. Is there something else I should have tried? Because after poring over site after site I didn't see anything even related to my issue set. Nor did I find any solutions, but I did dive into your program and after enough troubleshooting, had a workable solution. Is there no way to just have the 2nd window accept its own input? Or does it have to be linked completely to the first window? No chance for a checkbox implementing this feature sometime in the future (even if its distant)?

One other thing is it remotely possible to use formations? This seems to be more confusing than some of the other things, but I would love to get it working so my 2 wookies can run side by side at the same time rather than the second char be lagging behind/obstructed by walls/doors while /follow-ing.
<<

rol3n

Post Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:16 am

Ok great...

Now for whatever reason, after a simple restart, Innerspace refuses to go to the tray. The process is active, and can be terminated and launched again, but will not go to the tray.

And I'm under the impression that the only way to access Innerspace and your character sets is through the system tray. Any ideas what to do since it's not in the tray?

I've even un/reinstalled. Didn't work then either.
<<

ultiman666

Post Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:43 am

rol3n wrote:Ok great...

Now for whatever reason, after a simple restart, Innerspace refuses to go to the tray. The process is active, and can be terminated and launched again, but will not go to the tray.

And I'm under the impression that the only way to access Innerspace and your character sets is through the system tray. Any ideas what to do since it's not in the tray?

I've even un/reinstalled. Didn't work then either.

ISBoxer authentication servers are both unavailable. I've seen no indication that it's being looked into or when it will be coming back up yet
Next

Return to Star Wars Galaxies