FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

SWG/ISBoxer Issue(s)

Moderator: MiRai

<<

rol3n

Post Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:32 am

Re: SWG/ISBoxer Issue(s)

Ok so servers are back up i take it. Innerspace is working.

Now--since the reinstall, the hotkeys to switch between toons work perfectly. Not sure if anything else does/does not work atm since I haven't had much time to check it out and won't for a bit, just wanted to let you know, Lax.

Now the hotkey swapping is TRULY INSTANT! I'm so horn--, uh happy.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:11 pm

Yes everything is back up and running now, and I am definitely glad to hear that things are working out better for you now.

P.S. At the risk of sounding like a complete smartass once more, what exactly should I have done about the mouse clicks that weren't working in the second window? At least with SWG, i was able to turn off chase cam, and put 2nd char on follow, and disengage certain keys with the blacklist like w.a.s.d. This fix is functional atm. Is there something else I should have tried? Because after poring over site after site I didn't see anything even related to my issue set. Nor did I find any solutions, but I did dive into your program and after enough troubleshooting, had a workable solution. Is there no way to just have the 2nd window accept its own input? Or does it have to be linked completely to the first window? No chance for a checkbox implementing this feature sometime in the future (even if its distant)?

It is accepting input, the issue sounds like a bug in the Inner Space code that apparently is preventing it from working. All I would suggest you do is come to me with a bug report and then I can fix it or find another workable solution. When something to that degree of "it's broken" happens on a fresh run of the Quick Setup Wizard (help I switch windows and I can't interact with the game), that should be it. There shouldn't be some magical switch you had to know to use just to make it work, the program isn't THAT complicated to use -- people just think it is when something goes wrong that they don't fully understand :) It's just supposed to work. Come to me immediately if you find another case of this happening.

The video FX viewer issue may be another bug specifically with SWG, I will look into that as well. I should be able to look at it sometime this weekend

One other thing is it remotely possible to use formations? This seems to be more confusing than some of the other things, but I would love to get it working so my 2 wookies can run side by side at the same time rather than the second char be lagging behind/obstructed by walls/doors while /follow-ing.

From http://isboxer.com/wiki/Game_features#Auto-follow (I'll have to add this one to the FAQ as well.)
"Auto-follow is the only way to reliably move a group of characters together, since there is no other way to reliably coordinate this type of complex action. Consider the action you take to follow another player manually -- you can't simply hold down forward, you need to constantly adjust your heading and perhaps slow down or jump over obstacles."

As far as formations in particular, your characters need to turn and move at different rates in order to remain in formation, and there is no way to perfectly coordinate which way they are facing in order to simply move forward. So no, any amount of fiddling you do with that is not going to replace the game's auto-follow feature, sadly. Formations are mostly for use when you don't need to pay much attention to movement, like for spreading out prior to ranged attacks, etc.

Let me know if anything else started working correctly for you. ;)
<<

rol3n

Post Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:33 am

Great News. After this reinstall, things are working perfectly. Somehow my first copy I downloaded was corrupt. This copy is working beautifully. When I push buttons, things happen now. And Video FX is stellar.

So I guess its a good thing the servers went down. ;)
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:56 am

rol3n wrote:Great News. After this reinstall, things are working perfectly. Somehow my first copy I downloaded was corrupt. This copy is working beautifully. When I push buttons, things happen now. And Video FX is stellar.

Now that's what I'm talking about! 8-) It's supposed to just work! What a relief.
<<

rol3n

Post Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:18 pm

Oh yes, very pleased I am. *attempts his best yoda impresssion*

Expect some videos on Youtube from me soon involving ISBoxer. I have absolute faith that their quality will be a bit better overall than the current ones up by LavishLax that are taken by a camera angled at a screen. I've got a twin frozr 3, MSI, OC'd to 1050mhz, fraps, and all kinds of programs that will help me pump out some quality vids. If you end up liking some of them, I'd be happy to make a few demonstrating certain current features that I could post as a video response to each of those you have posted currently, or perhaps we could arrive at some other way of working it out.

Anyways, just extremely thankful for a product such as this, in it's present working condition!!

EDIT** Hmm. Now perhaps I know why you don't use FRAPS. I'll try some of the other ways I have of doing stuff, but wanted to check with you to see if there was anything I could be doing differently to accurately capture all portions of the screen? Video FX were not showing up at all, nor did the second window show when I activated it. (This is all in FRAPS, it works perfectly in function, just didn't show in FRAPS.)
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:15 pm

Nice :) Looking forward to that

You could try CamStudio, it's free and should successfully capture the DWM composition ("layers"). VHScrCap also works to capture it but isn't a recorder itself, it just emulates a webcam or something to that effect so you need a compatible recording software to go with that ;)
<<

rol3n

Post Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:28 pm

Ok, I ran FRAPS as administrator after the previous post earlier tonight. Since then Innerspace is now doing the same thing it was before. Hotkey to 2nd char does not work, and video fx show as the opacity settings.

Also around the same time, I had to close the first station launcher window as I typed in the wrong acct. name. I have many so its hard to remember lol. At any rate, the 2nd window also popped up, I exited out of that, then attempted to launch the char set again and Innerspace did nothing. Even when I closed the process and relaunched Innerspace. So I restarted. Not sure which of the two things triggered this, but now apparently I'm back to square one.

Rather than reinstall right at this second, is there any kind of debugging I can enable to get you a current diagnostic?

I've gotten it to work, I'm perfectly satisfied with its functionality. So I'll be patient as we hopefully resolve this small problem and get it to where its a bit more stable at least on my system.

Note: I have not changed/installed/done anything different to or on my computer since installing ISBoxer the first time. I have a pretty secure system so there's no chance of anything installing in the background or hidden, but of course now that I said that, someone will hack me. (Please fix ISBoxer while you're in there and please defrag when you're done.)
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:43 pm

rol3n wrote:Ok, I ran FRAPS as administrator after the previous post earlier tonight. Since then Innerspace is now doing the same thing it was before. Hotkey to 2nd char does not work, and video fx show as the opacity settings.

I'm not 100% sure what you're trying to do since this is a quick reply and I'm not entirely familiar with this entire thread but... you can't
have FRAPS attach itself to the game window and pickup any Video FX. You have to use FRAPS' DWM feature which you'll most likely
have to record at 60 FPS to get a good in game frame rate and this is more than likely going to eat up a lot of CPU and HDD space. Alge
has been using XSplit (I believe) for his RIFT recording and he likes it a lot better although I am a firm believer that if your system has
the horsepower to pull off FRAPS DWM that you'll get better quality overall.
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:06 am

Yeah, I have been using XSplit which seems to work better on my lower spec mahine than FRAPS does. The other advantage XSplit has over FRAPS is that I can put together regions taken from different monitors into an XSplit scene. I have my dxNothing window and my main video feeds on my second monitor. The last time I used FRAPS DWM it was limited to capturing a single monitor. However, quality with XSplit is a little lower as I need to convert from flash video to mp4 before I can put the video into my editing program (Sony something-or-other).

Alge
<<

rol3n

Post Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:29 am

Excellent. Thanks for the info, will certainly check those out. Just as soon as I get ISBoxer working again. ;) It has reverted back to what it was doing before the reinstall--basically not working.

Oh, and space/cpu will be fine. 3TB and quad 2.6
PreviousNext

Return to Star Wars Galaxies