FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Grr. Any way of starting a clickbar disabled?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Fippy

Post Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:42 pm

Grr. Any way of starting a clickbar disabled?

Today I found one of my clickbars was interfering with the login process. A good solution would be to have the clickbars disabled until I manually turn them on.
I see clickbar state actions to turn a clickbar on..
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:55 pm

Re: Grr. Any way of starting a clickbar disabled?

Don't assign them to a Character or Character Set and they won't start enabled anywhere.
<<

Fippy

Post Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:03 pm

I swear by all that is Holy that the damn click bar has mouse-over function even when it isn't drawn/assigned.

I just killed dxNothing and restarted it from the taskbar. The region where the click-bar normally is is blank (the click-bar buttons have a white border).
But when I run my mouse over that region, the cleric is generating errors saying it cannot target characters (who are not in range, for testing). Stop the mouse, messages stop.
Start moving the mouse, messages resume.

My problem with this is that I am accidentally switching the cleric target at times. Until I get that sorted out, I want the click-bar disabled.

I would paste a profile, but pastebin informs me that I am over the 512 kbyte limit.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:14 pm

If you have set locations by using the GUI and saved positions, then you might want to try deleting the C:\Program Files (x86)\InnerSpace\Scripts\ISBoxer.Clickbars.CHARSET.CHARNAME.XML files. (might be bars rather than clickbars - I don't have one around to verify), and instead set the positions with the starting position of the clickbar in the toolkit config.

This is on top of not assigning the bar to a set/char, and only loading/unloading via actions.
<<

Fippy

Post Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:16 pm

I'm not sure what happened to my earlier reply. I might have Saved it instead of submitted it.

No Clickbars files exist for anything other than Toolset (which looks like formations/repeater stuff at first glance). I have Menus and VideoFeeds.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:45 pm

If you believe something is lingering, then you can open up the in-game GUI and that will expose the titlebar(s) attached to any rogue UI elements.
<<

Fippy

Post Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:19 pm

After a restart of InnerSpace, I have been unable to reproduce this.

I have noticed another odd behavior that went away with a restart. The other day IS started randomly repeating keydowns to all sessions. This was a sporadic thing. I might be on one client running somewhere and turn, and suddenly the remaining clients would begin spinning in circles until I went to those sessions and hit he same arrow key so that a key-up registered. Once it happened on move forward, causing everyone to begin going forward. OK, get everyone out of the lava and sit them down. The funniest was a bit later when I was moving two boxes to a second camp, switched back to the others to position someone and the two take off running. Somehow they managed to run down the hall, turn a corner, and pull the named mob on their own. I was able to regain control in time.

After that, camp everyone. Exit InnerSpace, and then restart fresh. No further problems like that.

Edit: I was able to repeat the clickbar behavior tonight. No window titles showed up.

Return to Click Bars