FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Cool down timers on click bar buttons ?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

ecgric

Post Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:24 pm

Cool down timers on click bar buttons ?

I have click bar I use for heals and want to be able to have the buttons count down after pressed to reflect the skill cool down. I am sure it is some form of timer but not sure how to implement. If I am reading from this post "Animation Changes For Skill Timer " correctly. I have to do " change button state " 45 times if I wanted a 45 sec cool down animation ?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:15 pm

Re: Cool down timers on click bar buttons ?

if you want it to show 45 different states, yes. This is annoying I know, I've set a few up myself On my list of things I'd like to be improved because you cannot easily then use that same timer cooldown on a second button, although the long awaited ISB2 might have a way to deal with it nicely, so I was awaiting it.

In theory if you only wanted a number countdown it would be possible to have a special method for that which just expanded out all the necessary parts. But no doubt someone would come along and want countdown images or something too.
<<

ecgric

Post Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:27 pm

Ok so I added actions to skill in the heal key map for the corresponding click bar. But no text is showing in game. Should the target for the change button state be window current ?
<<

ecgric

Post Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:39 pm

Ok so got it working but the text is barely visible in the image. can I make it larger and either a better color or more bold ?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:42 pm

That depends on how the skill is being fired off.

The two things that would like cause it with a clickbar (assuming you are using a clickbar rather than a menu).
1. if the initial state of the clickbar is an image, and you have no text, then the text style properties are not set, and you can't update the text. Set your Text to SPACE to get around this so you can set some text style colours.
2. You are not using different timers for each cooldown action, so they are being overwritten, and the last one set will do all the work. For a 3 Stage cooldown from 5 seconds, counting 5, 3, 1, [back to normal state], I needed 3 different timers.

/e was busy writing this as you posted.
<<

ecgric

Post Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:53 pm

Ok that's better. The space trick allowed me to change the text. Thank you.
<<

ecgric

Post Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:03 pm

Ok so that works but it stays at the number 1. It doesn't clear back to image. I have the last button state to show the image with no text. But it just shows the number 1 over the image.

Have to leave text checked and just hit space a few times. That clears it.

Return to Click Bars