FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[WoW] How to resize the default click bar for different team size?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Tink8792

Post Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:11 pm

How to resize the default click bar for different team size?

I have been playing around with ISBOXER for little over a month and I have tried setting up several different size groups. My main team is 5 man, but I also have 4, 3, and 2 man teams. The window layouts is different for each team of coarse to allow a place for each toon. The click bar works perfectly on the 5 man team, but on the rest of them the click bar doesn't match the size of the default bar. meaning that 1 button may cover 2 buttons or none at all depending on the team used.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:04 am

Re: How to resize the default click bar for different team size?

The size of the buttons is handled via the Menu Template -> Standard. If you need different sizes per team, then you will need to make copies of this (right click, make copy, give it a meaningful name), then change the button Height x Width to appropriate settings.
To have each team use a different template but on the same menu setup, you select the Character Set in the top left pane, then in the lower left you select Menus -> Standard, and then on the right, you can tick the Menu Template Override tickbox, and select the correct template for the team.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:20 am

Depending on the game that you're playing there could be a setting to adjust the scale of the in-game UI. Normally, the resolution affects the size of the UI--which is likely why your bars in game are different sizes seeing as you have different Window Layouts, and therefore, different resolutions--but if the option for adjusting the in-game UI exists, then you could set it to be the same on each character, and avoid having to make a bunch of different copies of the same Menu (seeing as it's going to be annoying to adjust each one every single time you'd want to modify them per-character/team).

Otherwise, you can just continue to use the exact same Window Layout for smaller sized teams so that they're all the same resolution every time they load up.
<<

Tink8792

Post Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:54 pm

After my first post I managed to figure out how to edit the size but didn't find a way to save it on my own yet. I just checked my email and saw that I had a reply. I figured that when you used the screen layout wizard that it would know the scaling and adjust it for me. Then save that setting for that team automatically, but Ive been having to adjust the size every time I swap teams which is a royal pain. It will auto scale the first time you setup a team, but when you create a new team with more/less slaves it doesn't pick up on it and adjust automatically it will just use the last or default. Think that would be reasonably easy feature to add and have the layout name to be the same as the team name since the wizard does 99% of the rest of the work.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:28 pm

Tink8792 wrote:After my first post I managed to figure out how to edit the size but didn't find a way to save it on my own yet. Ive been having to adjust the size every time I swap teams which is a royal pain.

If you're not creating additional copies of the original Menu/template, then yes, you will have to adjust it every single time you want it to be a different size seeing as you are only using one Menu.

The easiest way to avoid having to constantly adjust a single Menu to fit several different resolutions, is to pick a resolution you like to play at, and then build around it. I already mentioned that you don't need a new Window Layout for ever single Character Set you create, and you can re-use a layout that holds 5 characters, when only playing 3.

Tink8792 wrote:It will auto scale the first time you setup a team, but when you create a new team with more/less slaves it doesn't pick up on it and adjust automatically it will just use the last or default. Think that would be reasonably easy feature to add and have the layout name to be the same as the team name since the wizard does 99% of the rest of the work.

ISBoxer cannot read the game client, and auto-adjusting any Menu would require just that, but regardless, I would argue that it wouldn't be such an easy feature to have, for several reasons...

Different games don't necessarily use the same scaling for their action bars.
Should ISBoxer store a default value for every single game that people multibox? And then somehow calculate the potential size of the action bars based upon the resolution they're playing at? That's kind of a lot of games, as well as a lot of potential resolutions to keep track of.

Games don't use the same layout for their action bars.
Most games use 1 through = for a total of 12 buttons per action bar, but not all games do. So, should ISBoxer (again) store a default value for every single game that people multibox?

Some games allow the user to manually adjust the size of the UI themselves, other games do not.
What happens when ISBoxer assumes the size of a Menu based upon a player's resolution, but then isn't able to account for a custom UI scale based upon what the player has manually set? Should ISBoxer be forced to look through configuration files so that it can make a better guess?

Some games allow for add-ons (e.g. WoW).
if the player is using an add-on, then how could ISBoxer predict where the action bars are, as well as what scale the player is using for those action bars?

Multiple in-game action bars.
Many games allow for placement of several action bars (even without add-ons). These action bars can be horizontal, as well as some being vertical. Which one does the player want ISBoxer to automatically adjust to?

Partial action bar coverage.
Perhaps a player wants a Menu that is only 6 buttons wide instead of all 12. How should ISBoxer auto-adjust itself? Does the player want 1 through 6? Or do they want to have access to 6 through = via clicks only?

Menus aren't just used as a visual overlay for action bars, and have several other uses.
Which Menus should auto-adjust themselves to the scale of the resolution/UI, and which shouldn't? Does the user want more options during the Wizard to configure this, or should the option be chosen on a per-Menu basis?

I only just came up with this list of potential issues in just a few minutes of thinking about it, so there could certainly be many, many more that I haven't thought of. However, this all seems easily avoidable by leaving both the preference, and configuration up to the player.

Return to Click Bars