FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

HOWTO: Advanced Click Bar Healing (Grid/Clique emulation)

Moderator: MiRai

<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:23 pm

Re: HOWTO: Advanced Click Bar Healing (Grid/Clique emulation)

You need to set the Target of the mapped key to go to the window, that you want to execute it. In the examples I use, I setup Action Target Groups, which the appropriate toons go in, and these are the Target for the mapped keys in the various bar Key Maps. You are currently setting targets of "all other", so "all other" toons will get the keystroke.
<<

jrhoad82

Post Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:50 pm

Hello! Thank you for this great guide! I've ran through it 3x now fixing the issues I've had and have some lingering issues that I cannot find. Everything seems to be in line, but must not be. The issues I'm having are with the buff bar only.

When I Right Click on Slot 3, it casts my mage buff on Slot 4 and the priest buff on Slot 5. When I Right Click on Slot 4, it casts the mage buff on Slot 5 and the priest buff on Slot 4. When I Right Click on Slot 5, it casts both buffs on Slot 3. Slots 1 and 2 are working just fine.

Is there a guide on setting up crowd control on classic? I'm just switching from my Warrior leading to my Mage leading for CC right now.

Here is my setup:
https://pastebin.com/i5Q1kc2M

[EDIT]
I've also noticed that my priest is only self healing curing combat. What did I miss there?
<<

Kasual1127

Post Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:04 pm

Hello,
I've followed both this Advanced Guide, as well as the similar "non" advanced Click Bar Healing guide. And I've had the same issue with both setups.
SLOT1 = Main Healer
SLOT2 = DPS
SLOT3 = Alt Healer
My Main Healer targets the incorrect Character. When I try and heal the DPS, I instead heal the Alt Healer.

If I make my Alt Healer (SLOT3) the Main Healer or I test with my DPS (SLOT2), I target the correct slot each time. It's only SLOT1 that targets incorrectly.

When I follow the Advanced Guide, I get an additional error. If bounce quickly between Main Healer, Alt Healer, Buffers - at some point my Buffers become bugged. I can click ANYWHERE on the screen (not just the buttons) and they'll try and buff.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

https://pastebin.com/pN4rAqGE
<<

bob

Post Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:28 am

Righto, the guide itself was not really designed with WoW players in mind because you have many more funky options, with the exception of the Vanilla players out there. That said, it is a good exercise in how a bunch of things tie together, and you can definitely use it for WoW.

However, the problem is going to be in one of two places.

1. The Variable Keystroke assignments per slot of the Character set.

2. The in game binds that match up with the Variable Keystroke Assignments pictured above.

Simply, in the game, when you are on the toon in Slot1 (Lalala). Press F1. Do they target themselves. Yep, all good. No, your in game bind is wrong. Then Press F2. Do they target the toon in Slot2 (Escargoon). Yep, all good, No, update the variable keystroke above to whatever you use to target slot2 (which, in your case, would probably be F3). Keep going through the Target Party Member keys as per the in game bindings, and make sure they match up in the table.

NOW, if you are in fact playing WoW BFA/Classic, you can use the ISBoxer Addon to do the targeting (which I do refer to in the notes, but gloss over how to do it).
First, you need to know the FTL modifiers assigned to each slot.
Write them down, it'l be easier.

Then, in the Click Bar Healing Config, you can remove the Variable Keystrokes, and replace them with a Keystroke Action -> Named World of Warcraft Macro Action.
Where you have a Target Slot 1, you want to replace it with this.
The highlighted items are what I've set. Note, the Add Optional Modifiers, should match the FTL modifers you noted per slot before. So where you want to Target Slot 1, you will use Slot1's FTL modifier set. To Target Slot2, use the FTL modifier set for Slot2 (right shift), and for Slot3, use the Slot3 FTL modifier set (left ctrl).

FINALLY,
For your buffers. You aren't turning off the Buff Bar Key Map in the mouseovers. You are turning off the main healing bar key map. This is wrong.
<<

Kasual1127

Post Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:32 am

I'm not available to test your changes, at the moment, but will be in a few hours. But I just had to say thank you. Incredibly detailed response and in just a few hours. It's very appreciated.
<<

Kasual1127

Post Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:24 pm

FTL changes worked like a charm! Thanks.
<<

Kiduh

Post Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:21 pm

Hello,

I got this all to work ! and i want to take the time to thank you for this tutorial, i have learned a lot about keymaps and slots working my way to the finish !

i have 2 questions that i can't find an answer on :p

i see you are using colors on the healerbars but for some reason i can't use anything but red, bleu and yellow. is there a list of accepted hex codes ? since the ones i am trying are not accepted, they just turn out or black or white

using f10 works flawless, it appears on all slots and disapears on the not active slots ! but how can i "hide" it when i have no use of it, like during questing and cutscenes. it's kinda in the face. i thought pressing f10 again would disable it but i need to manually open the control panel and hide all clickbars to disable it.

Kind regards
Kiduh
<<

bob

Post Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:46 am

Sounds like your F10 mapped key is not configured correctly as per the setup. It should be a toggle to load/unload (or show/hide) the clickbars as you are wanting, so if it is not working, then you've set something incorrectly.

You should be able to use any of the 16,777,216 colour variations available when setting the picker. 0-255 is the range and tweaks to the range set different colours. An explanation if you want. https://www.rapidtables.com/web/color/RGB_Color.html
Note that the Clickbar also uses the Alpha channel (transparency), and these are the first 2 hex chars, so you will need an 8 character hex code in the format AARRGGBB
Previous

Return to Click Bars