FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

HOWTO: Click Bar Healing

Moderator: MiRai

<<

firescue17

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:22 am

Re: HOWTO: Click Bar Healing

Barnesed05 wrote:Now, how to get this to work with Mercs in my group....is that possible?

This is the only way to make it work consistently with Mercenaries.
<<

bob

Post Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:05 am

firescue17 wrote:
Barnesed05 wrote:Now, how to get this to work with Mercs in my group....is that possible?

Ok, I've done the 10 minutes of watching to find the answer, which is where you need to use a bunch of Keystroke actions to spell out "/TAR CHARNAME <ENTER>" or "/ASS CHARNAME <ENTER>".

So, for EQ and mercenaries, it appears that you will need to setup the "Group Heal Target xxxxx " mapped key for your mercenary to spell out via Keystroke Actions -> Keystroke Action, the letters / in action 1, T in action 2, A in action 3, etc. Essentially the slash command that you would normally type. When you do this, set all the Keystroke actions to a Target of self [Window:Current]

The difference will be, when you configure the Mouseover in the Click Bar button , select this targeting mapped key, and instead of setting the Mouseover to Target self, set it to GroupHealer (the ATG). This is different to the guide, but that is because when I wrote that, the Mouseover on a Click Bar button did not have a Target option (I did update the pictures in the guide when that option became available so people didn't get confused, but I did not change the guide to use the feature as that meant changing more than just a couple of pictures).

This does of course mean that the values are hard coded, and if you need the Click Bar to be flexible between character sets, then you need to get into virtualisation, although not necessarily quite as fancy as firescue17's setup.
<<

firescue17

Post Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:37 am

bob wrote:
firescue17 wrote:

Ok, I've done the 10 minutes of watching to find the answer, which is where you need to use a bunch of Keystroke actions to spell out "/TAR CHARNAME <ENTER>" or "/ASS CHARNAME <ENTER>".

Hehe. Sorry. I could have provided a timestamp. My bad :(
<<

inmysights

Post Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:58 pm

I have read through and I have everything setup. I am having a few issues.

first, when I mouse over it is targeting each char but only on each char that isn't the healer, when I try and use the healer the mouse isn't working, the setup is exactly as the others.

and, when I do select a char to heal, the healer only heals the slot 1 char no matter who I have selected.

I have read through and have checked many, many times, each screen looks exactly like your screenshots

I have added my config

Thanks for the help!
Attachments
LOTRO6config.txt
(175.35 KiB) Downloaded 1182 times
<<

bob

Post Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:24 am

I can't see anything wrong with the Click Bar setup, and what you're describing doesn't make sense.

When left clicking on a buttons, then the healer (Jakura according to your config) will receive an input for the = key, and cast that skill, which should apply to the currently selected target. There is no method I know of in Lotro to cause a specific skill to always cast on a specific character, regardless of the current target, so if the target is adjusting for the healer, then it should work correctly.

As for targeting not working on the healer, this too does not make any sense to me. If it works for the others, then it should work for the healer. I do notice that you have created your own follow mapped key and presumably are not using the default ALT+F setup by the Quick Start Wizard; so I am not sure if you have configured the Target Slot tables correctly for each of your slots (http://isboxer.com/wiki/Common_modifica ... eting_keys). The Quick Start Wizard will have tried to configure this for you, but sometimes it is hard to tell until you are in game whether the default table is correct, which is needed for the way the Click Bar is configured.

Now, FWIW, there was a change to the Click Bar code recently. Previously you could not configure a target for the mouse over on a button. When this change was made, I updated the instructions, but I did not test it out. The configuration as it stands should still work regardless, unless there is a bug in the Click Bar code. It is the only thing that I can think of at the moment, that might be causing a problem. I will test tomorrow and let you know.
<<

inmysights

Post Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:10 am

yeah, I even started from scratch 3 times and each time it was doing the exact same thing, I spent 12 hours yesterday setting this up, then I decided to come here and ask and see what is up.

also, I couldn't figure out how to get the alt-f to work.

and today when I logged in still doing the same thing
<<

bob

Post Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:50 am

So I've used your config and it works fine (well, except for CPU strategy of 5 toons that were all on the same two cores, which killed performance - try setting the Master Slot to <No Slot> and choosing the "Select no CPUs, let the game do it (HyperThreading) (FPS 60/15) (slots per core 0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0) (cores per slot 0/0/0/0/0/0)" option in the drop down).

The only way I could get it to behave similarly to how you said was to not invite all toons into a fellowship (note that you need to use the same invite/accept order every time otherwise the Variable Keystrokes target remaps will be wrong between sessions).

So, things to do on your end:

If you are having trouble understanding variable keystrokes, this video goes over it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl6MZxH ... detailpage

If you are in a group and the per slot Variable Keystroke tables are correct, the ALT+F follow method will work correctly too.
<<

inmysights

Post Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:24 pm

I changed your CPU recommendations, I thought I was playing fine, it seemed fine to me, but, I am still learning ISboxer for sure, I am very, very new to it.

I have all of my chars in a fellowship and I invite the same each time as per your instructions.

yesterday during my setup, I checked my variable keystroke table and all of them was perfect. and just make sure, I just checked them again and nothing is wrong.

no idea why it is not working, thanks for your help!

oh, I wanted to add, if I just click my = sign on my main, it does broadcast my = to all and I was wondering if that was suppose to happen? I don't think so, or seems like it should not be doing that.
<<

inmysights

Post Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:32 pm

I have been playing fine and now when I launch my char set, I get display driver has crashed and recovered every time I launch now, I reinstalled my graphics drivers and still crashing.

I don't know what is causing it, has worked fine for 3 days now.
<<

posatronic

Post Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:42 pm

Everywhere I look I see Bob. Again that's for your knowledge. I had already followed MaRai's Youtube video he just made last week and went thru that. I just read this post today. I did take you toggle on/off of click bar and added that to my "Click Healing" . Works great!! I might have something wrong on mine so here is a question. I have to double click to get a heal off. Is that suppose to work that way? Does your clickbar work that way? Is this the same as the FX noob mistake I had with holding alt and clicking fx window? Thanks.
PreviousNext

Return to Click Bars