FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Clickbar Button Text - Variables

Moderator: MiRai

<<

FreindDaWirm

Post Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:05 am

Clickbar Button Text - Variables

Is it possible to make the text of my clickbar buttons dynamic through variables like in the wow macro actions?

For example my first button shows the charname of my first slot {SLOT1}, second button {SLOT2} ...
<<

TonyO

Post Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:30 pm

Re: Clickbar Button Text - Variables

I have the same question here: is there a variable I could use to display the name of a character by slot? I have searched all the included xml and google'd to no avail. I found that ${ISBoxerCharacterSet.Escape} in the button text will display the name of the current character set. And ${ISBoxerCharacter.Escape} displays the name of the character in the currently active window. That makes me suspect the other slot names must be stored in ISBoxer namespace somewhere.
This info would be awesome because I have several 6-character sets with the same clickbar layout and functions, so could I use one shared clickbar with string variables for the displayed names and virtual keymaps for the functions?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:15 pm

ISBoxer 40 is adding this capability. Currently it will fill in {SLOT} {CHARACTER} and {CHARACTERSET} from the *sender* of the action. I may add specific slot references as well (these variables are from WoW Macros: List of Variables)
<<

TonyO

Post Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:13 pm

Thank you! I look forward to ISBoxer 40.

I found a work-around that does what I wanted. Perhaps FreindDaWirm can use this so I'll post the concept here: I wanted video feeds that display my character names and switch to the window I click. My Window layout is all full screens with small video feeds in one corner. So I made a clickbar for my inactive windows with a single huge button the full size of the game window. Set the text to ${ISBoxerCharacter.Escape} at 250 point font, transparency to 128. Each character set slot has a hotkey that clickbar action:disables the big inactive hotkey on self, enable it on all others. Made a second transparent clickbar to overlay the video feeds with hotkeys to switch to the window I click.

Return to Click Bars