FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Buttons to change VFX Layouts?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

LargeChicken

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:51 am

Buttons to change VFX Layouts?

Hey guys, I have several different Video effect layouts for different activities in eve and it's annoying to have to press control alt shit G then select the window layout from a drop down every time i want to switch to a different one, is there any way I can set up a button to do this for me? Like I click a button and it puts me in station mode, or I click a button and it puts me in space mode ETC ETC similar to the way the buttons for repeater mode on/off works?

Thanks for the help!
I want YOU! To ask me questions
Tell me what you want a tutorial on in my request thread Here

My games:
Eve Online

Expertise:
Mining
Shooting red crosses
IsBoxer Setup
VideoFX
<<

Alge

Post Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:32 am

Re: Buttons to change VFX Layouts?

There is nothing ready-made to swap between Video FX Sets (which is what I am assuming you mean by "I have several different Video effect layouts for different activities"). You can, however, easily do this with a Mapped Key.

Make a new Mapped Key in an existing Key Map (Non-combat is probably a good place) and then add as many Steps to the Mapped Key as you have Video FX Sets. In each Step of the Mapped Key you want to add a Video FX Action, with the Target as "Window: Current" and choose the option to load a Video FX Set. Then just give the Mapped Key a Hotkey and each time you press that Hotkey it will cycle through your Video FX Sets. If you want visual feedback I'd suggest looking at the Toggles Menu and making another Button in that menu with some custom graphics.
<<

Kaische

Post Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:45 am

Because ISBoxer is awesome this can be done with just a single press of a button.

Alge wrote a fantastic guide some time ago: How to manage VideoFX wit Mapped Keys and How to setup a whole dxNothing scenario

Also MiRai has a nice video ISBoxer -- Video FX -- Basics.

Unfortunately you have to check each Source and Viewer you created with the ingame GUI and type the coordinates for size and position manuall into all your VideoFX Actions, but believe me, it is worth the work.

I think this should help you immense.
Have fun pressing buttons and watch ISBoxer do magic ;)
<<

LargeChicken

Post Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:00 am

Kaische wrote:Because ISBoxer is awesome this can be done with just a single press of a button.

That was all I needed! Thanks for the help guys. Much appreciated.
Kaische wrote:
Unfortunately you have to check each Source and Viewer you created with the ingame GUI and type the coordinates for size and position manuall into all your VideoFX Actions, but believe me, it is worth the work.

Not sure what you mean by that bit, I just made a hotkey that loads each of my 6 video FX profiles. No coordinate typing required.
I want YOU! To ask me questions
Tell me what you want a tutorial on in my request thread Here

My games:
Eve Online

Expertise:
Mining
Shooting red crosses
IsBoxer Setup
VideoFX

Return to Click Bars