FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Need a Better way to Mez with Click bars

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Hippy Slayer

Post Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:40 pm

Need a Better way to Mez with Click bars

Greetings all

I have a click bar setup right now for my enchanter in EverQuest to target and mez each NPC in the extended target box. However, I've found that the order of mob's isn't always the same as I see in on my main screen, for example, I'm trying to mez a mob in Extended target slot 2, but that winds up being the main assists first extended target, so I'm trying to mez a mob that is being beat on my all the melee's and other casters. :( Not very productive for the group

What I have setup now, is a click bar that will with a left or right click, Mez or charm the mob in that slot. I use dual monitors and my window layout has 5 regions, one full screen on one monitor and the second has 4 squares for my other characters. Those small squares are hard for me to see what order the enchanters extended target list is in.

Anyway, looking for suggestions on a better way to control a crowd of mob's :)

HS
<<

Throg123

Post Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:12 pm

Re: Need a Better way to Mez with Click bars

I am playing with EQ as well, but not with an enchanter. I'll offer up my opinion on what I am doing for a similar situation.

For the Extended Target window within the game itself, I have the first five Ext Target slots configured as Auto. I then configured a hotkey for ExtendedSlot 1 (Shift+F1) through ExtendedSlot 5 (Shift+F5). Now when I pull a mob, I broadcast the hotkey for the target I want the group to focus on.

For finer control, I went ahead and setup a VideoFX Source on each of my account's Extended Target window and spell gems. I then displayed all five Extended Target windows (one from each account) as well as spell gems for any toons onto a dxNothing window. I can then select individual mobs from a specific threat list and react appropriately (Shaman needs to slow an add while the rest of the group beats on the first target, etc).

From what I'm reading for your situation, you may want to consider adding a region for a dxNothing screen. You could then add a series of video feeds for is1, is2, etc along the bottom and use the upper portion of that dxNothing region to show the ENC's extended target window and or position your click bar for easier access.

I hope that makes sense...
<<

Throg123

Post Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:35 pm

Another option:

Within EQ, setup a series of socials that can Mez Extended Target slot 1 through slot 5 and Charm Extended Target slot 1 through slot 5. Assign those socials to a new hotbar page. Display that hotbar page onto the ENC's UI.

Using ISBoxer, create a Menu that overlaps this new hotbar page on the ENC's UI. As you switch accounts, that menu should still be presented. Create a VideoFX Source of the ENC's Extended Target window and place Video FX Viewers onto the other windows. Thus from any other account you should be able to see what mob is in what slot from the ENC's point of view. Use the menu to effectively Mez/Charm slots 1 through 5 as needed from any other screen.

I use a similar setup for cleric healing. I find it works very well.
<<

firescue17

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:59 pm

As you've noticed, the extended target slots are relative to the individual character so the order of mobs will vary across the group. Throg is right on with his assessment; you either need a VideoFX viewer or to run the Enchanter at a resolution which allows you to distinguish which target is which.

Another option if you don't want an FX viewer is to run a full screen stacked window layout with the Enchanter always on top (or build a window focus action into your mez Mapped Keys).
<<

Hippy Slayer

Post Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:03 pm

Thanks for the suggestions. :)

I've been looking at the VideoFX feeds, but haven't quite figured out how to really use them yet. :oops: I have managed to get a blank dxNothing window in a character set, but haven't figured out how to focus a bit of another characters screen to said dxNothing window. Thou, I did have the same problems just getting started with boxer initially too, so it may take some more head pounding on the walls, on my part :? but I'll eventually figure it out. :) However, Firescue17 suggestion of changing my window layout would be a good interim solution till I do figure out video feeds. :)

Thanks again
HS

Return to Click Bars