FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Is the Broadcast Click-Bar a Menu?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

rfarris

Post Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:17 pm

Is the Broadcast Click-Bar a Menu?

I spent a couple of days trying to move the Broadcast Click Bar (I think that's the name) to where I wanted it to be placed. I had no problem moving it, but once I got it there I selected "Click Bar" on the in-game ISBoxer GUI and pressed Save As while "Auto" was showing, but it didn't 'take.' Any time I loaded InnerSpace from the ISBoxer toolkit, the Broadcast Click Bar would move back to its default position.

Then, I accidentally did a save while the Menu tab was chosen on the GUI, and it seems like the Click Bar position seemed to be saved. Is the Broadcast Click Bar actually a menu?

c.f. http://isboxer.com/wiki/Click_Bar
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:39 pm

Re: Is the Broadcast Click-Bar a Menu?

rfarris wrote:Then, I accidentally did a save while the Menu tab was chosen on the GUI, and it seems like the Click Bar position seemed to be saved. Is the Broadcast Click Bar actually a menu?

That's because it is a Menu and not a Click Bar. You can see that particular Menu named Toggles under Menus in ISBoxer.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:48 pm

The Quick Setup Wizard no longer sets up any Click Bars at all, just Menus. Including the Toggles Menu (formerly the Broadcasting Click bar) and the Formations Menu (formerly the Formations Click Bar).
<<

rfarris

Post Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:48 pm

There's a lot of depth to this product, MiRai. I like that. How long have you been running ISBoxer?
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:08 pm

Sorry, I should have also mentioned what Lax said about how they used to be Click Bars, but have since been upgraded.
rfarris wrote:There's a lot of depth to this product, MiRai. I like that. How long have you been running ISBoxer?

Over three years, but I'm still a youngin' when it comes to the program itself.
<<

rfarris

Post Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:25 pm

lax wrote:The Quick Setup Wizard no longer sets up any Click Bars at all, just Menus. Including the Toggles Menu (formerly the Broadcasting Click bar) and the Formations Menu (formerly the Formations Click Bar).
f

In that case, you mentioned someplace that you'd like to be notified of places in the Wiki that needed to be updated. Here's one. :)
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:37 pm

rfarris wrote:In that case, you mentioned someplace that you'd like to be notified of places in the Wiki that needed to be updated. Here's one. :)

I'll agree that the images are slightly outdated and perhaps misleading since ISBoxer 41 was released and no longer uses them, but the Wiki entry itself consists entirely of general information about a Click Bar -- Nothing more, nothing less. Was there somewhere else in the Wiki that pointed you to the Click Bar entry stating that those toggle icons in the upper-left were (still) Click Bars?
<<

rfarris

Post Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:52 pm

MiRai wrote:Was there somewhere else in the Wiki that pointed you to the Click Bar entry stating that those toggle icons in the upper-left were (still) Click Bars?

I can't say there was. The main page has a table of contents and the list has a menu entry. On the menu page it has a picture that looks like a menu (A menu with a grid template) but down at the bottom it has a See Also that lists Click Bars. Click on that and boom - there's the thing I'm trying to move.

There is this part on the Click Bar page:
Make sure you are clicking Save As in the correct tab, Click Bars or Menus, depending on which type of windows you are saving!

that could be just a tiny bit expanded, like "Note: the picture in this article is no longer a Click Bar -- it's now a Menu, called the 'Toggle Menu'."

Return to Click Bars