FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Default (startup) clickbar settings

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Valcrist

Post Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:08 am

Default (startup) clickbar settings

I've only started playing around with ISBoxer recently (currently in my 3rd trial day & i gotta say I'm really impressed), so please bear with me. I'm not sure if this should go to "Key Maps" or "Click Bars", but here's the deal..

When ISBoxer starts up, the default state of the Click Bars are as follows:
A->A,Z = on
A->A,A = off

Is there a way to have them both 'off' at startup?

Actually, I play Diablo 3 (with just 2 toons) and only use broadcast (A->A,A) so A->A,Z is useless to me. And when I forget to toggle it off, keys don't register when I type at chat. Is there a way to have it removed completely (including its click bar)? So I'm only left with A->A,A which toggles broadcast (and A->A,Z is disabled/non-existent).

Having to disable A->A,Z every startup is a minor annoyance but I'd still like to know how to disable it if possible. Thanks to anyone who can point me in the right direction

P.S. Before anyone says A->A,Z is awesome, why don't you just use it? Simple answer would be coz A->A,A is enough for my purposes and I'm not really interested in diving into A->A,Z (for now, at least)
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:12 am

Re: Default (startup) clickbar settings

Let's get some terminology sorted first.

A -> A,Z is the toggle for Key Maps
A -> A,A is the toggle for Repeater, i.e. Mouse and Keyboard broadcasting

NB: If having Key Maps on is interfering with you typing in game then that indicates that you may have some stuff (i.e. Mapped Keys) set up to happen on certain key presses. I would need to see your configuration to know for sure. If you turn Key Maps off then you will lose that other functionality you have set up.

I would suggest backing up your ISBoxer configuration with File, Save As before proceeding.

With those provisos, the easiest way to turn off Key Maps at startup is to select your Character Set, then on the General tab, where it says "Perform this Mapped Key when Character Set is loaded or reloaded", press the < button. Set Target = Window:Current, Key Map = Always On, Mapped Key = Activate Maps. That will toggle Key Maps OFF when you launch or reload a Character Set.

To remove the Click Bar button completely is a little more complicated:
1) In the top pane of ISBoxer select the Toggles Click Bar.
2) In the bottom left pane, click on Buttons, you should then see the Click Bar images. Click on the rightmost of those two images and then click the Copy button further to the right.
3) Click on the leftmost of those two images and then click Paste.
4) Above those images, Grid Rows x Cols from 1 x 2 to 1 x 1.
5) Click the image again and change its Name from "Button 1, 1" to "Repeater" (without the quotes).
6) File, Export and test

If you still need to toggle Key Maps you can press Shift+Alt+M but you will have no visual indication beyond the Popup Text that fades away.
<<

Valcrist

Post Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:49 am

Re: Default (startup) clickbar settings

Awesome! Thanks so much for the help. I never would've guessed the solution would be in "Perform this Mapped Key.." when I'm trying to disable something! LOL

Everythin's peachy now. I was impressed by the software, now I'm impressed with the community. You guys rock! :D

Return to Click Bars