FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

ClickBars Hotkey Reminder! [Tutorial NOW Included]

Moderator: MiRai

<<

sonic777

Post Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:08 pm

ClickBars Hotkey Reminder! [Tutorial NOW Included]

Sometimes when the action gets going I loose my focus on what hotkey will bring up which toon. I found that by using a single oversized clickbar with one button set to the top of my alt's screen I could get a visual queue.

So at the top of my second window I have a large green "F2", on my third "F3", and so on.

To make this work I simply used my spread system based on Ualaa's formation concept and added in the command to make the text change to the correct function key for each window. If I hit F1 then my toon associated to F1 will jump to my main screen and the state of the clickbar is turned off for the main while turning the alts on.

In the screenshot below, my main screen is not showing the reminder and the windows on the right are showing the reminders ( I know it's hard to make out the numbers but the grey box with green text is what I'm talking about).

Hotkey Reminder.jpg
Hotkey Reminder.jpg (89.78 KiB) Viewed 10637 times

All in all it works great and I figured I could share this concept with you since I found it as a possible future addition to Jafula's Jamba. Someone suggested it and I figured it could be done here if anyone wanted it.
Last edited by sonic777 on Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

sonic777

Post Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:50 pm

Re: ClickBars Hotkey Reminder!

I have come back to this post to make sure I have a supporting tutorial for this since I feel it has made my life easier. This is short and easy, entry to medium level.

1. Create a Click Bar named "cbWindow ID"

2. Goto "Buttons" and change the following:
    cell = 135x135
    name = wID
    Text = "F"
    Check Style
    Font = Ariel
    Color = Green(255)
    Size = 96
    Check Bold

3. Add your Character Set that you plan on using this on.

4. Under "Key Maps" > "Control" create "WindowID"

5. This will have one step that contains seven Actions based on two types of actions:

a. The first 5 actions, you will create 5 Click Bar Actions > New Click Bar Button Action with the following settings:
      - Click Bar = "cbWindow ID" & Button "wID" for each of these:
        - First Action: Target = Character Slot:1 / Check Text = F1(this equals your hot key or chosen identifier)
        - Second Action: Target = Character Slot:2 / Check Text = F2
        - Third Action: Target = Character Slot:3 / Check Text = F3
        - Fourth Action: Target = Character Slot:4 / Check Text = F4
        - Fifth Action: Target = Character Slot:5 / Check Text = F5

b. The second two actions, you will create two Click Bar Actions > New Click Bar State Action with these settings:
      - Target=Window:Current / Click Bar = "cbWindow ID" / Off
      - Target=Window:All w/o Current / Click Bar = "cbWindow ID" / On

6. Now add to your hotkey for selecting your screens this Action: Key Map Actions > New Do Mapped Key Action, with these settings:
    - Target = Window:Current
    - Key Map = Control
    - Mapped Key = WindowID

Thats it, your done!

This can be used for many more applications and is what I believe to be very streamlined to provide exactly what I described in my previous post with screen shots.
One note is that you could change the tags if your running PvE and say have no problems remembering your hotkeys or you just click on a window, just change the text tag with the toon name or role. don't forget to change the size of the window if you add more text.
I hope this helps anyone else who may get as scatter brained as I do during combat.
<<

Nightsham

Post Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:48 pm

Re: ClickBars Hotkey Reminder!

Much appreciated Sonic777 (enjoyed your ISboxer tutorial videos as well)

Thanks! :D

Return to Click Bars