FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[WoW] Do click bars constitute automation?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

swiss

Post Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:07 pm

[WoW] Do click bars constitute automation?

Hello all,

I am currently on the 7 day free trial of ISboxer and have to say I am enjoying it very much. The flexibility and number of features is amazing. So props to the developer(s) for making such an excellent product.

Now, I have just started setting up click bars and have noticed that you are not actually required to click to perform the action. All it requires is a mouseover. I just wanted to confirm that this feature would not violate blizzards TOS and that it does not fall under automation. It certainly will make my life easier to use this, but I want to make sure I adhere to the blizzard policies. I also would be very sad to see my 5 accounts banned. I was unable to find an answer elsewhere, so I hope someone here can answer the question. Thank you in advance!

-swiss
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:19 pm

Re: [WoW] Do click bars constitute automation?

Computers do about a zillion times infinity things that are termed "automation", really that's what makes it a computer is it does things automatically, so it's certainly ambiguous and causes a lot of confusion about what is or isn't automation in the context of the game.

Arguably, requiring you to mouseover an on-screen button is more restrictive than simply using a Hotkey. I don't see the problem here and I think it would be hard to argue there is one.

You still have to be there performing manual inputs, at that instant, to make things happen, and that is all they are concerned with. If you hook up a joystick and a gamepad or a finger glove or an eyeball sensing device, no they still aren't going to ban you for these things. :)
<<

swiss

Post Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:39 pm

lax wrote:Computers do about a zillion times infinity things that are termed "automation", really that's what makes it a computer is it does things automatically, so it's certainly ambiguous and causes a lot of confusion about what is or isn't automation in the context of the game.

Arguably, requiring you to mouseover an on-screen button is more restrictive than simply using a Hotkey. I don't see the problem here and I think it would be hard to argue there is one.

You still have to be there performing manual inputs, at that instant, to make things happen, and that is all they are concerned with. If you hook up a joystick and a gamepad or a finger glove or an eyeball sensing device, no they still aren't going to ban you for these things. :)

lol, thank you for the clarification and quick response :D
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:44 pm

I don't think you could create bot-like behavior from IS Boxer.

The whole GM thing on automation sums up...
You do something now, and that puts something else into motion which later on does whatever without further input from the user.
The whole delay or looping principle (which you could do with G15 keyboard software), is what they're worried about as far as botting goes.
That and actual bot programs.

IS Boxer lets you do things, when you press a key, when you release a key, when you click something, when your mouse enters an area, etc.
But everything that happens, is a direct result of an action you take.
And all of the outputs occur at the time of your input.
So you're directly in control of everything, and there are no outputs that aren't caused by your input or that occur at a time other than the input to trigger them.
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa

Return to Click Bars