FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

help with ClickBars

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Ralnick

Post Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:40 am

help with ClickBars

I know this is still in Prerelease state but is there a how to use post for setting up click bars they look great... but no idea how to set them up. Would like to have clicks instead of key strokes.

Any help would be great.

thanks
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:26 am

Re: help with ClickBars

There isn't one yet, which is part of the reason why I make people come to the ISBoxer Chat Room to get the ISBoxer 35 preview download. I am working on documenting Click Bars and pretty much everything else for when ISBoxer 35 is released (probably this week), in a new wiki here at isboxer.com that will replace the old ISBoxer wiki at lavishsoft.com.

So, for now, please come to the chat room and talk to one of the many people who have experience with Click Bars and can answer whatever questions you have. :)
<<

ucemike

Post Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:48 pm

Is there any documentation on the bars yet? I've been tinkering with them (very basic) but unable to move them around on the game window. I've got 5 buttons created and they are all in the top left. Couldn't see an option to move them around.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:54 pm

http://isboxer.com/wiki/Click_Bar -- found from the User Manual, which you can get to from the Help menu in ISBoxer, and it does tell you how to move them ;)
<<

crowdx

Post Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:32 am

Hi,
so I have been playing with Click Bars and the one question I am wondering about is when I add a new key map and then use that key map in a click bar, is it normal to have to restart all my WoW clients or is there another way to get the new key map and button to work?
Also for the keybinds, is it ok on the keymap to use the same keybind for the key that I hit and the key it activates in game? I would think this would be fine but not 100% sure.
Thanks for the help
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:18 pm

With some changes made in IS Boxer, a simple export to IS is all I need.
And then I can play warcraft with the updated change.

Other things require me to /console ReloadUI.

I cannot think of anything which requires me to restart warcraft (as in from the desktop).

I've not really done much with Click Bars yet.
My understanding is that they allow you to click, to activate a mapped key.
I'd rather use the keyboard...
But will want to mess around with them more in the near future... to add them to my guide and such.
Also the visual representation of the state of a toggle or multi-step mapped key is nice too.
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
<<

crowdx

Post Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:11 am

How exaclty are you reloading the UI? Is it when you unhide the UI and then hit reload ISBoxer UI? Or are you doing a command prompt? I have tried doing the former and it does not help, only a full restart of the clients updates new keymaps.
Thanks for the help
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:25 am

If you're making changes to WoW Macros through ISBoxer, you need to reload the WoW UI -- not the ISBoxer UI. To do so, the game has a /reloadui command. I need to add a mapping for that to the ones generated by the Quick Setup Wizard ;)
<<

crowdx

Post Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:01 am

So if I add a macro in ISBoxer e.g. /cast Greater Heal and then use that as a keymap, I need to reload the WoW UI? Is that correct?
That would be easier than restarting the whole game :)
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:27 am

Yes, that is correct. The reason this is, is because the macros are created and key-bound by the ISBoxer Addon. When you Export, the ISBoxer Addon is re-generated, and the changes will take effect the next time the WoW UI is reloaded. :)
Next

Return to Click Bars